Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta

Did not sleep a wink

I work security at a community assocation and i work evenings. There was a storm here it was not to bad but the situation makes snow and my driveway a mess so i decided to stay at work to not deal with driving home in the storm. I have been sleeping in a hammock since april full time . Well i thought it might not be so bad to really be able to stretch out on a couch or even the floor i had down comforters and i thought i would ne nice well it was nothing more then a tortcher session put myself thru i barely slept at all and what i did was light and restless. Looking back at it now i dont know how i slept flat on any surface omg that was horrible i think i will get a hamock to travel with or something has any one else had that experience.

Hanging out sleepy and very thankful to be home
    Ashley

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    After switching to a hammock full time about 2 years ago, I now travel with a hammock stand. Guest quarters and hotel beds (no matter how luxurious) are now platforms of torture to my body.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Wow you guys must have some very comfortable hammocks. I've slept in a lot of hammocks and many different kinds but NONE of them are as comfortable to me as my bed. I can "roam" in my bed and do my usual flopping from side to side but this becomes work in a hammock. Don't get me wrong, a hammock in the woods is very comfortable but never as comfortable as home.

Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    Actully all i have is a vivere with a stand its to small for me but i can not afford a new set up yet there are times i get all bent up and its not always nice but a bad hang i will take over a bed, couch or floor any day of the week i slept a solid 12 hours feeling thankful for every minute.

Ashley

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I get my best sleep in my hammock. Even though my wife has a top-o-line yadayada bed. I don't like to toss and turn all night like I do in any bed. My hammock, don't move till I get up. Better sleep in 4 hours than any amount in a bed. 8 hours in my hammy, I feel like a new man.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Back when I was having severe back pain (until I figured out how to cure it) I would travel with a portable hammock in a folding stand that weighed about 40 pounds but it worked for me.I might have bot it from Brookstone.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 11
    Insulation
    HG/UGQ/EE/LL
    Suspension
    Straps & buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Wow you guys must have some very comfortable hammocks. I've slept in a lot of hammocks and many different kinds but NONE of them are as comfortable to me as my bed. I can "roam" in my bed and do my usual flopping from side to side but this becomes work in a hammock. Don't get me wrong, a hammock in the woods is very comfortable but never as comfortable as home.
    I am in total agreement with this. A hammock is great on the trail but in my house, I want my comfy king size mattress.

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Been over 2 yrs since I have slept on anything but the Hammy ...but going to find out end of Feb what a 'bed' is like again for a week possibly...will have a hammock with me but..
    Life has never been better since switching to the Hammy full time some many many moons ago.
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    Definatly have a hammock option and if you have a bad back motrin is also a good idea

Ashley

At 37 I can tell you right now sleeping on a couch is a no go. I would wake up so stiff and full of pain I would wish I was dead.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast