Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Yep. I use Sawyer brand Permetherin to treat clothes, and their Picaridin to cover the exposed parts. I've used it the past two years and not even found a tick on me while others found several. I stopped using products w/DEET after I forgot to take my glasses off once when applying it and the lenses melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Yep. I use Sawyer brand Permetherin to treat clothes, and their Picaridin to cover the exposed parts. I've used it the past two years and not even found a tick on me while others found several. I stopped using products w/DEET after I forgot to take my glasses off once when applying it and the lenses melted.
    Wow

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Ever since I switched to permethrin (clothes) & picaridin (skin) I've been 100% tick-free, even when romping through the tallest grass. Five pairs of permethrin-treated pants out on the line drying right now.

Edit: I don't see myself "romping" through anything! Let's just say it is walking through tall grass.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Ever since I switched to permethrin (clothes) & picaridin (skin) I've been 100% tick-free, even when romping through the tallest grass. Five pairs of permethrin-treated pants out on the line drying right now.

Edit: I don't see myself "romping" through anything! Let's just say it is walking through tall grass.
    Who knows what you do late at night after the fire goes out. Hehehe!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Some things are better not known.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Ever since I switched to permethrin (clothes) & picaridin (skin) I've been 100% tick-free, even when romping through the tallest grass. Five pairs of permethrin-treated pants out on the line drying right now.....Edit: I don't see myself "romping" through anything! Let's just say it is walking through tall grass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Who knows what you do late at night after the fire goes out. Hehehe!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Some things are better not known.
    The mind boggles,

Hammock
    Darien; BIAS XL; DIY Ariel bridge
    Tarp
    WB Superfly; DIY
    Insulation
    HG Inc 20
    Suspension
    Outdoor ink
    I see starfish put down chili for Saturday, so what do you want Jess to make for dinner?

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I like to be surprised! Cook or bring something that you enjoy cooking and eating. The Terminator might have some good ideas, and if you can, look at sign up sheet to avoid duplicating meals already on docket. Sometimes easiest is best. I’m ok with anything Sam and Abby like!

Hammock
    Exped combi or K-mart special
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Quote Originally Posted by B_rizzle View Post
    I see starfish put down chili for Saturday, so what do you want Jess to make for dinner?
    Ha ha. I was surprised to hear that I was down for chili for a hang that I hadn't even signed up for yet. Starthru is making chili. Be glad because she is a much better cook than me. I have never made regular chili in my life so I doubt it would be edible. I agree with Phantom, whatever Jess feels like making will be great.

I do plan on coming to the hang from Fri night thru Sunday. Think I am getting strawberries from farmers market and doing shortcake and angel cake. Also chicken and dumplings.

Hammock
    Darien; BIAS XL; DIY Ariel bridge
    Tarp
    WB Superfly; DIY
    Insulation
    HG Inc 20
    Suspension
    Outdoor ink
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish Comet View Post
    Ha ha. I was surprised to hear that I was down for chili for a hang that I hadn't even signed up for yet. Starthru is making chili. Be glad because she is a much better cook than me. I have never made regular chili in my life so I doubt it would be edible. I agree with Phantom, whatever Jess feels like making will be great.

I do plan on coming to the hang from Fri night thru Sunday. Think I am getting strawberries from farmers market and doing shortcake and angel cake. Also chicken and dumplings.
    Haha sorry Starfish!! You can tel how closely I read that list...

I will ask Jess what she wants to do. She make a mild white chicken chili, so it usually is different enough from regular chili.

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast