Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    The Terminator made some cherry cobbler in her DO in the backyard this afternoon. Took one for the team and did a taste test and decided it was good to go. Now she can start working on some other items to cook in her DO.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    CountryBois from NAMA Gear was suppose to do a class on using Kam Snaps at our Fall Hang but for some reason it slipped everyone's mind ( we must have had flaming pumpkins on our minds that day ). He got a newer press for installing the snaps and is sending me his old one along with some snaps. I will see if I can become good enough at installing them so we can still do some DIY mods on our tarps at the Spring Fat Butt Hang. I wonder how they would work to keep a UQ in place on a hammock....

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Y’all are inspiring me to try smoking, butt I’ve heard it’s habit forming—
    It's a great habit to form. The Terminator and I stopped for lunch today at a local BBQ joint and we both partook of the cooked pig.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    CountryBois from NAMA Gear was suppose to do a class on using Kam Snaps at our Fall Hang but for some reason it slipped everyone's mind ( we must have had flaming pumpkins on our minds that day ). He got a newer press for installing the snaps and is sending me his old one along with some snaps. I will see if I can become good enough at installing them so we can still do some DIY mods on our tarps at the Spring Fat Butt Hang. I wonder how they would work to keep a UQ in place on a hammock....
    Gunner I just made a summer quilt using Kam Snaps and a Costco Down Throw. I tried it out inside the house last night and it works very well.
    I think it would work well as a stackable top quilt or a sleeping bag liner to boost the performance as well.

I stole the idea from JellyFish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk4emMm_Pfs&t=254s

These Kam Snaps are a great way to make/mod some gear. It looks like I may not be able to make the Fat Butt Hang due to a gig but if something falls through I'll be there and bring my Kam Snaps.
    Got time to breath, you got time for music - Brisco Darlin

Greg bought me 2 dutch oven cookbooks. Been wanting to try mountain man breakfast. If I'm not stuck doing breakfast everyday. Glad pappy will be there. Hope he brings his griddle! Hint hint. Not that I mind cooking, I don't want anyone complaining they're full! While the guys are playing with theyre toys, (hammocks ) I hope there will be someone who knows dutch oven cooking. Also, hope more ladies will come. Sam's hoping more fur babies will come!. I know Gregs posted what meals we'll be doing, but it's likely to change.

Rereading this post. ..sorry, it sounds like a rant. This is what happens when you're hungry!
    Last edited by Terminator; 02-03-2019 at 04:56.

Don't have to live in NC to "hang" with your group do you?

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherDude View Post
    Don’t have to live in NC
    We’ll make you an honorary North Carolinian
    All you gotta do is be crazy bout hammocks

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    No. We have had hangers from NC, SC, Va, PA, MD and IL. If you don't have a hammock and want to try one then let us know in advance and we will lend you some gear. We even get tenters now and then. Only requirement is that you have to like camping in the woods but we don't enforce it . We do group meals but if you prefer to cook your own then that is OK.

If you can not spend the night, you are still welcome to come spend the day and share a meal with us.

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelPlayer View Post
    Gunner I just made a summer quilt using Kam Snaps and a Costco Down Throw. I tried it out inside the house last night and it works very well.
    I think it would work well as a stackable top quilt or a sleeping bag liner to boost the performance as well.

I stole the idea from JellyFish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk4emMm_Pfs&t=254s

These Kam Snaps are a great way to make/mod some gear. It looks like I may not be able to make the Fat Butt Hang due to a gig but if something falls through I'll be there and bring my Kam Snaps.
    That's how I did mine...same source.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    No. We have had hangers from NC, SC, Va, PA, MD and IL. If you don't have a hammock and want to try one then let us know in advance and we will lend you some gear. We even get tenters now and then. Only requirement is that you have to like camping in the woods but we don't enforce it . We do group meals but if you prefer to cook your own then that is OK.

If you can not spend the night, you are still welcome to come spend the day and share a meal with us.
    Thanks gunner76. My hammock should be arriving today so I'll have some time to set things up in the house and figure out how it all works. Sounds like a lot of fun.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast