HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images

2019 6th Annual Fat Butt Hang>Medoc Mt SP NC. > 11-14 April 2019

2019 6th Annual Fat Butt Hang>Medoc Mt SP NC. > 11-14 April 2019

It's time to start planning for the 6th Annual Fat Butt Hang at Medoc Mt State Park NC. Noon Thursday 11 April to Noon Sunday 14 April 2019. We have not even held the 2019 Frosty Butt Hang yet and I figured I had better get this going.

WOW. When The Terminator came up with the idea to start hosting a group hang here in eastern NC, I never thought we would make it this far let alone be hosting three hangs a year but we have thanks to all the folks who keep showing up to hang in the trees out in the woods. The folks I work with can not wrap their heads around the fact that we think this is fun.

Sign Up here to let us know who is attending and if you can help with the meals.

We usually do group meals every day. The Terminator and I will do Thursday night's dinner and Friday breakfast. We also bring kitchen stuff like: coleman stoves, pots, pans, serving utensils, plates, spoons, forks ect. We also set up a dish washing station

Group site # 3 is booked for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights

Group site # 2 is booked for Friday and Saturday nights

The sites are about 100 feet from the parking lot

There is a men's and women's restroom ( with showers ) next to the parking lot.

There is water available next to the restrooms.

For those who have not been to Medoc Mt State Park, the group sites are located at the southern end of the park.

There are lots of trees to hang from but you can bring stands if your want and if you don't have a hammock, then bring a tent. Yes we do allow tenter's to join us.

If you do not have any hammock gear, don't let that stop you, Let us know and I am sure we can loan you some gear so you too can hang from a tree.

If you can not spend the night then at least stop by and visit and maybe join us for a meal, We have pretty good cooks at the hang and I am amazed at the variety of meals we have.

If you just want to stop by and learn about hammock hanging then this is the place to come and see what it is all about.

This is a family friendly hang. As anyone who has attended on of our hangs knows we usually have hangers of all ages attending.

Things to do at the park: fishing, hiking, Mt Bike riding ( if the trail is open ) and horse back riding. Some weekends there are Ranger led hikes that we have gone on. Or you can do nothing and lay in your hammock the whole weekend and or sit around the cave man TV and tell tall tales.

Dogs are allowed. Park rules state that dogs must be on a leash. We have not had any issues with the dogs being off the leash in the camp site but if you do leave the campsite, please make sure you dog is on a leash

Estimated donations to help cover the cost of the site is $15 per person for the weekend.

Medoc MT SP is located about 10 miles east of I 95 and is about 60 miles north west of Raleigh.
    From the park:

Medoc Mountain State Park is located in Halifax County, 21 miles south west of Roanoke Rapids, 23 miles north of Rocky Mount and 26 miles north east of Louisburg. Off I-95, take exit 160 at NC 561 west and travel nine miles to the park. Turn left on S.R. 1322 (park entry sign at this location) which will bring you to the park office, located one mile south and on the right.

Medoc Mountain State Park
    1541 Medoc State Park Road
    Hollister, NC 27844
    Phone 252-586-6588
    [email protected]
    Latitude: 36.263900
    Longitude: -77.888300

Note..the park office is located at the northern end of the park while the campgrounds are at the southern end.

Last edited by gunner76; 01-18-2019 at 21:22.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    I wish I wish upon a star that I could be there, but unfortunately I leave the 11th for Spain. Long story, but I'll have to see y'all at Yates or the Hunger hang!
    "The world is a complicated place Hobbes"
    "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner"
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I wish I wish upon a star that I could be there, but unfortunately I leave the 11th for Spain. Long story, but I'll have to see y'all at Yates or the Hunger hang!
    We will excuse you from the hang. Research the locals foods for the area you will be going to.

Where in Spain? I have a friend working in Madrid.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Where in Spain? I have a friend working in Madrid.
    Actually, Madrid! My girlfriend is doing a study-abroad semester in Madrid this spring and over my spring break I'm going to visit her. We're visiting Edinburgh, London, and Madrid, but unfortunately it'll be the exact same time as this hang. Y'all will have a blast though, and I look forward to seeing everyone again at the Hunger Hang!
    "The world is a complicated place Hobbes"
    "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner"
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Fire wood will not be a problem as we have now have a local source of wood for the hang and the price is right. At the Frosty Butt Hang we had wood left over even though we kept the cave man TV running the whole camp out. We have to self load so I will be looking a volunteer to go with me to help load the wood onto my trailer Friday AM.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Medoc will be a great Spring Hang. I hope to make it.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I hope to make it.
    Hope you do to especially if you bring as much food as you did at the Frosty Butt Hang

If Gunner will unload the trailer from last hang, I can reload and repack totes. then I'm ready to go! Sam came home from last hang on Sunday, didn't rise until tues!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Have a collision with Beth being off on a girls trip. I'll be on my way up as soon as she gets home on Friday.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast