Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    @gunner76 thanks for answering my questions about the hang and the location this weekend at Yates. Might see me there. Still a long haul but tempting to be around other hangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

2019 6th Annual Fat Butt Hang>Medoc Mt SP NC. > 11-14 April 2019

Gunner&Terminator, are y’all and Slugger gonna smoke some BBQ??? If you do, maybe I can get space on y’alls smokers for some Wangs.
    I’m still fiddling with my suspension—switching to Carolina Becket Hitch—it’s garnaUteed not to slip

Sometimes after I set up and hang over night—hammock is lower than when originally set up.
    Possible stretch of hammock fabric Hexon Wide 1.6, stretch of Dutch’s 2.0 lightweight blue straps,
    Possible slide down trees—but lately I’ve been putting straps around tree Twice in form of a round turn, that should squeeze tree till it’s cross eyed. I don’t think trees are leaning in a little when loaded—you never know...
    Maybe I’m overthinking and should hang a little higher from start! Hahaha
    Now I do remember lowering the head end tree strap so that tarp would be slanted enough to prevent pooling of rain in ridgeline trough or dimple. That probably accounts for most or all of lowering of hammock.
    Last edited by Phantom Grappler; 03-11-2019 at 23:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Never knew of a Lab that didn't want to be in the water. Anytime my Chocolate saw me hook up the boat, she went nuts - ready to go!
    Think I got a 'tard chocolate. Won't go out in the rain unless absolutely cannot hold it any longer and hates the hose. I'm going to try a pool this summer to see if he'll use it.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Might see me there
    Hope you can make it. I have to drive at least 3 to 5 hours to get to any group hangs. I have driven as long as 12 hours to go to a hang.

re y’all and Slugger gonna smoke some BBQ???
    Not that I know of for hang although BBQ always taste good

Won't go out in the rain unless absolutely cannot hold it any longer and hates the hose.
    I have had Labs like that.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Gunner&Terminator, are y’all and Slugger gonna smoke some BBQ??? If you do, maybe I can get space on y’alls smokers for some Wangs.
    I'll have my Traeger smoker with me this time. Easy to fire up and smoke your wings! If anyone will be there Thursday night, the burgers will be grilled/smoked on the smoker.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Hey Bob (AA2FD) - I'll be setting up & operating my IC-7300 over in the field Saturday. POTA #K-2744, approximately 1400Z to 1900Z.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    I'll have my Traeger smoker with me this time. Easy to fire up and smoke your wings! If anyone will be there Thursday night, the burgers will be grilled/smoked on the smoker.
    If we have room, I'm thinking of bringing our little smoky joe. It's a grill, not a smoker. Slugger, if you do dinner thurs, that would be a load off me! I want to try a couple of recipes in Dutch oven. Do you need anything to go with thurs meal? Plan on 6 so far.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Gunner, it happened again. No trip. Wife has minor surgery re-scheduled for the 12th. Bahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Plans gone to H----- again!
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I’m bringing spiral sliced ham, bread and sandwich fixins Thursday lunch and Friday lunch.
    Oops also potato salad. Bring your own drinks.
    Slugger, if there is room in your smoker Thursday supper, I’ll bring some Wangs to smoke—to augment Thursday supper—just a side.

After this, might have to trade single layer hammock for a double layer mammoth hammock

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    If we have room, I'm thinking of bringing our little smoky joe. It's a grill, not a smoker. Slugger, if you do dinner thurs, that would be a load off me! I want to try a couple of recipes in Dutch oven. Do you need anything to go with thurs meal? Plan on 6 so far.
    Yep...between myself & PG we have Thursday dinner covered. I'm doing burgers on the smoker and bringing 'tater salad and a few bags of chips also.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast