Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Welcome from the Cary/Apex border! Highly recommend you check out some of the local hangs (Frosty Butt/Yates/FatButt/etc.), you'll meet some incredible people and see some cool gear. Lmk if you ever want to do a local hike/hang, we've done a couple before at Umstead that turned out well. Happy Hanging!
    "The world is a complicated place Hobbes"
    "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner"
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    Dutchware Gear Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear Incub
    Suspension
    Spider Web 1.5 J-B
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo1234 View Post
    Welcome from the Cary/Apex border! Highly recommend you check out some of the local hangs (Frosty Butt/Yates/FatButt/etc.), you'll meet some incredible people and see some cool gear. Lmk if you ever want to do a local hike/hang, we've done a couple before at Umstead that turned out well. Happy Hanging!
    Awesome! Ill keep my eye out for all of those! Any idea when the next "event" might be?? Nice to find a local hammocker to get out with. I haven't done anything at Umstead but I do get out to Uwharrie as often as a I can. Its close enough to get out for a friday or saturday night.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly-Custom
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    All Sorts of
    Quote Originally Posted by wvumountaineer52 View Post
    Awesome! Ill keep my eye out for all of those! Any idea when the next "event" might be?? Nice to find a local hammocker to get out with. I haven't done anything at Umstead but I do get out to Uwharrie as often as a I can. Its close enough to get out for a friday or saturday night.
    This weekend there is the Frosty Butt Hang at Medoc Mountain SP (about an hour and a half north of us), and there is a hang up at Grayson Highlands SP in VA (3.5 hours away). You can find descriptions of both of them and more under the "Outings" tab, and then click "Southeast". Unfortunately due to some work I need to take care of, I can't stay all weekend, but I'm planning on driving up to MMSP tomorrow afternoon and staying for a couple hours. The people there are genuine, incredibly welcoming, very generous, a wealth of hammmocking knowledge, and a blast to be around. You'll also see tons of cool gear. I'd also highly recommend checking out the Yates Place Hang, in the beginning of March. It happens twice a year, on each time-change weekend. That one is always a blast as well.

More locally, the loblolly trail at Umstead is an easy 3.2 miler, its one of my favorites. I head to Uwharrie a LOT as well, especially around the Birkhead mountains wilderness area near Asheboro. Let me know if you ever want to do some hiking, I'm always looking for new hiking partners!
    "The world is a complicated place Hobbes"
    "Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner"
    -Calvin and Hobbes

Hammock
    +11' Black Argon
    Next month up at Falls Lake is the Heart-throb Hang Feb 22 - 24th. Here is the event page for it on facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/353236938828961/

Hammock
    Walhalla
    Tarp
    Walhalla
    Insulation
    Trailheadz & JRB
    Suspension
    Birch Buckles
    Images
    Hello from Lexington NC and Welcome to the forum. Shugs videos are a great way to start.
    HANG WELL MY FRIENDS AND HANG IN THERE!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12