Images

KAQ Potomac order and install

I got my new KAQ Potomac for my HH Asym Ultralite recently. I have to say the ordering experience was second to none. I corresponded with Paul and he was extremely helpful. I wanted to go with a different color other than the camo that was offered. He was more than happy to help and as soon as I ordered it, the KAQ was made and delivered in an astonishingly short amount of time. Thanks goes to Paul for knocking that out. The workmanship is terrific and I'm very happy with the finished product. So definite thumbs up on Arrowhead Equipment for service, delivery and finished product.

Question for you guys. The install is straight forward I know but I just wanted to make sure I was "optimizing" the KAQ. I'm attaching the carabiners (that represent the ends of the quilt) to the same spot where my tarp is terminating on the hammock lines. Making sure I have the eyelets lined up on the left and right sides, I'm just running the line through said eyelets and that's the main part that conforms to the shape of the hammock correct? Afterwards, just cinching down the pull-tights to get a snug fit correct? Should the KAQ, when cinched down, come over the edges of the hammock? or stay pretty flush with the edges?

Are there any other tricks of the trade I should be trying to insure a snug fit and remove any airpockets? Any other attachment tricks or conversions I should know about?

I have the zipper mod so that's probably the best way to get in and out, opposed to wrangling with the KAQ to get out from the bottom entry right?

Thanks guys for any advice or feedback and Thanks again to Paul and the KAQ guys... great work!!!

Hammock
    HH Camo Survivor & DIY GE
    Tarp
    Speer 8x10 sil
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    I would sat correct to all your questions, but really it would be up to you to try it and see what works or doesn't work for you. I'm interested to hear how it turns out and what you learned from your first few test nights.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Hey RevoRunner, Glad it got to you. Sounds like you are on the right path with hanging the quilt. On the sides the quilt can run up the sides a bit, and that is fine, just depends on how snug you cinch the sides up. You can also not thread the side loops and that will let the quilt ride up a bit more to rap the hammock in cooler weather.

With the zip mod, yah top entry will make it much easier and quicker to get in and out and will let you do a lot less fiddling with the quilt. You may also play with attaching the carabiners at different spots, and pulling the suspension cords tighter.

Hope that helps some.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

• + New Posts