I'm still playing around with a bunch of ideas to minimize cost and maximize usage.

I am getting 2 sets of CDT's and making two Gemini's. That will definitely take care of my at-home needs and in theory my summer outdoor needs.

I also have this cheap underquilt which does not work for me in an 11' hammock very well at all but fits my daughter's 8' hammock perfectly and she says it is warm and cozy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They claim it is good to 32* although I have my doubts. What do you guys think would be a reasonable expectation for a Gemini in winter mode layered with the above cheap UQ. As I said, my daughter says it is toasty warm and very comfortable, so as long as she loves it if I can save money by not buying a 20* UQ for her that would be awesome, but I absolutely don't want to put her at risk in cold weather. And I'm not talking deep cold, I doubt I would take her out if it were getting below 20 any time soon.

As far as I go, I will have the Gemini, which hopefully eliminates the need for me to buy a 40* UQ and I will get a 20* UQ with the ability to layer the two if necessary.

I think that will work without breaking the bank. Now I just have to figure out some TQ options to go with these UQ's unless you guys see any fatal flaws in this idea. So come at me.