HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    NM, i just looked at the Q& A on the Amazon page and the Manufacturer lists its rating at 59°F lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Here is " unboxing" vid/ review I did of my Subito UQ. It's the same as the one you have the link for, just a different name on the stuff sack. It's got it's pluses and minuses that's for sure. Firstly, the short length and shape make it VERY difficult to use with a 10½ or 11' hammock with out adding longer shock cord loops. The shape also makes it hard to get completely up against your backside without having it puller to tight. Once you get it touching your back and butt, you'll end up with a large gap down by your feet underneath because of its shape. The short length and side height make it difficult for anyone over I'd say 5'8" to get on the diagonal with it still covering your feet and shoulder. These issues would make it really hard to stack a down UQ over it ,keeping the down from being as effective as it could be. The budget UQ does have its up side though. Like yours, my daughter loves it. It fits her great and she never complained about being cold. I've also got the OneTigris winter version of that quilt which is the same shape and length as the Subito and Uboway. It's her cold weather UQ and has kept her warm at 33° so far. As for the Subito / Uboway listed temp rating vs actual comfort temp rating, I've used mine down to the low 50's and was ok. I could tell I had a big gap under my feet where it wasn't touching and it also kept wanting to slide off my feet & shoulder every time I moved. Other than that though it kept me just warm enough and did it's job. I wouldn't use it under 55° w/o first making sure it's set up perfectly and it is touching your entire backside from head to feet without being compressed under you. I kind of bash mine in the vid , but after using it and letting my 6yo daughter use it I take most of it back. It's certainly got it's place and if you use it within its limits it will do a great job keeping you warm. It's not designed to be used on long hikes in cold weather or on longer cottage made hammocks with a diagonal lay, BUT that doesn't mean you can't, you just might need to supplement it and modify the "suspension" some first. I've also got a 3 part review of the OneTigris winter UQ on my YT channel if your interested. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions about your Uboway. ~ Chesapeake

" The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    FWIW, I stack my gemini CDT UQ with my SnugPak UQ all the time, and it works very well. I don't think your UQ is rated as low as the SnugPak, but even if your UQ is rated in the high 50's liek Chesapeake said, then according to the stacking chart on Enlightened Equipment, you could estimate that your low temp would be approx 30F or so (50+50).

Just based on my own usage stacking the Gemini CDT, you might get into the mid to high 20's with your equipment. It's hard to know for sure until you try it out though.

EDIT: I have taken my SnugPak UQ and Gemini CDT down below 20F, I think it was about 15-16F or so, and was very comfortable.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Yeah, the Subito/Uboway is definitely rated above the Snugpak's "estemated" 32°. Snugpak doesn't list a temp rating for their hammock insulation anymore but they used to, and while I was talking with their Director of R&D Stewart Anderson it was confirmed. The Amazon quilts are all rated at a 50-55° comfortrating but might go a tad lower if everything is set up just right. Stacking it though can def be done but might take some finesse and fiddling. I agree with crazytown that you could definitely get to 32° with that set up and maybe lower. I know that when I stacked my ⅞ length DIY Snugpak Jungle Blanket UQ (45° - 50° est. rating) and my overstuffed CDT Warbonnet Lynx clone (35° est. rating) I was plenty warm in the mid - upper 20's. That's pretty close to what your total insulation thickness will be with combining your CDT and Uboway, so as long as you get them stacked the right way, pitch your tarp to best block the wind and wear proper clothing with the right TQ I think you'll be fine down to 25° - 30° easy. Let us know how it goes!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Here is " unboxing" vid/ review I did of my Subito UQ.......
    oops, no vid!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12