I have many.. use them all
    Tarp
    Fimbul, HH Hex, SF
    Insulation
    Fimbul Twister UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by jaape View Post
    I couldn't understand anything you said in the video, but I'm pretty sure I got the hang of it Have to try that method out. Seems a lot easier and can be done even with shorter straps. I'm bit worried that is it more slippery that way around?

Btw, in a earlier post I complained a bit about Hennessy sending me the wrong straps. They were kind to send me the 42" straps also without any additional cost. Good customer service.
    Ha ha, well the film was ment as a respond to some of my readers of my blog (also in danish).

I have never experienced any slippage. Been doing it that way for years...

Cheers!

Sendt fra min SM-G960F med Tapatalk
    /Rasmus

www.instagram.com/fimbuloutdoors/
    www.fimbuloutdoors.blogspot.dk

Hammock
    Multiple
    Came back from a one night hiking trip. I had the hammock with me and I tried Fimbuls tying method worked flawlessly on one end. I set the hammock on a downhill. The other end I couldn't get high enough in the tree. My straps were too long so I used the method I practiced earlier.

I had excellent luck with the night temps as now I could get proper feeling of the insulation.
    Lowest night temp was just at 5 celcius (40 fahrenheit) which is about the recommended limit for the 4 Season System. There was no noticable wind and on top I was using my quilt with -11 Celcius limit.
    I woke up early in the morning as my butt was too cold to keep me asleep. I wasn't really cold, but it felt uncomfortable so I added my hiking pants as an insulation under the ocf-pad. After that I didn't feel any coldness.

I think adding pretty much anything under the ocf pad helps bring the pad closer to your back. It felt like I got warmer from my legs as well.
    They recommend laying the extra items on top of the pad. I wonder why is that? You would be laying on top of your zippers, belt buckles and so on. Under the pad is the way to go as I see it.

All in all great experience. I slept better than I ever had in a hammock. I had lots of room to toss and turn. I slept on my side and on my back and didn't experience any discomfort from any of the positions.
    I didn't have any condensation issues either.

Next time I'll throw my STS rainfly/rainponcho under the pad to see if it add anything to the condensation. I'm always carrying it so would be a good extra layer to use.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Fimbul, HH Hex, SF
    Insulation
    Fimbul Twister UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Came back from a one night hiking trip. I had the hammock with me and I tried Fimbuls tying method worked flawlessly on one end. I set the hammock on a downhill. The other end I couldn't get high enough in the tree. My straps were too long so I used the method I practiced earlier.

I had excellent luck with the night temps as now I could get proper feeling of the insulation.
    Lowest night temp was just at 5 celcius (40 fahrenheit) which is about the recommended limit for the 4 Season System. There was no noticable wind and on top I was using my quilt with -11 Celcius limit.
    I woke up early in the morning as my butt was too cold to keep me asleep. I wasn't really cold, but it felt uncomfortable so I added my hiking pants as an insulation under the ocf-pad. After that I didn't feel any coldness.

I think adding pretty much anything under the ocf pad helps bring the pad closer to your back. It felt like I got warmer from my legs as well.
    They recommend laying the extra items on top of the pad. I wonder why is that? You would be laying on top of your zippers, belt buckles and so on. Under the pad is the way to go as I see it.

All in all great experience. I slept better than I ever had in a hammock. I had lots of room to toss and turn. I slept on my side and on my back and didn't experience any discomfort from any of the positions.
    I didn't have any condensation issues either.

Next time I'll throw my STS rainfly/rainponcho under the pad to see if it add anything to the condensation. I'm always carrying it so would be a good extra layer to use.
    Glad it worked out for you.
    I have used a poncho liner on top of the ocf pad, with great success. The "stickiness" of the pad, helps keeping extra insulation in place. If placed under the pad, it tends to bundle up in the lowest place IMO.

/Rasmus

Hammock
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by Fimbul View Post
    Glad it worked out for you.
    I have used a poncho liner on top of the ocf pad, with great success. The "stickiness" of the pad, helps keeping extra insulation in place. If placed under the pad, it tends to bundle up in the lowest place IMO.
    Oh I see. Didn't think of that.. Placing stuff under the ocf pad you can only add warmth for your butt and back.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Fimbul, HH Hex, SF
    Insulation
    Fimbul Twister UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Exactly

/Rasmus

Hammock
    HH Survivorman 4season XL
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    4season foam pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie + carabin
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    For any one interested in getting one of these new 4Season hammocks from this production, we will send a free SOL breathable heat reflecting UnderSheet when we get them in stock. They will clip into position on top of the breathable open cell foam UnderPad. This is a major breakthrough for lightweight, warm, dry comfort in hammocks.
    Thanks for asking your question William and feel free to post this on your forum if you think others would like to hear my thoughts.

Has anyone seen or got this "SOL breathable heat reflecting UnderSheet"? I've mailed them about it, but haven't heard anything.

Hammock
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by celius View Post
    Has anyone seen or got this "SOL breathable heat reflecting UnderSheet"? I've mailed them about it, but haven't heard anything.
    I asked them about it last year. They said it is the plain old reflective sheet. I tried it. Wasn't breathable.

Here's the email exhange.

My question
    - ”I follow HammockForums and there is a quote from an email from Tom H that
    ”a free SOL breathable heat reflecting UnderSheet when we get them in stock”
    is being shipped with the 4Season models. Is it already available and included in the models for European market?”

The answer
    - ”The SOL under sheet is the space blanket and they are included with all of our 4 season hammocks.”

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    4season foam pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie + carabin
    I asked them about it last year. They said it is the plain old reflective sheet. I tried it. Wasn't breathable.
    Oh, well. Then I guess I'm not missing out.

I see you are using WB Eldorado now. What got you to change from Hennessy?

Hammock
    Multiple
    Quote Originally Posted by celius View Post
    Oh, well. Then I guess I'm not missing out.

I see you are using WB Eldorado now. What got you to change from Hennessy?
    I tried multiple hammocks. I started with TTTM, then the Amok Segl, next the Hennessy 4 Season Explorer, Amok Draumr and Warbonnet with an underquilt.

The Hennessy was the most comfortable to sleep on, but out of 10 nights I used it during the summer i froze my butt off 8 times. Even in july most of the nights were too cold to sleep with just the ocf pad that comes with the hammock. And having used to the wonderful buckle suspension that came with Segl I disliked setting it up so I ended up not using the Hennessy anymore. I saved the ocf-pad though.

With the Draumr I learned that I dislike sleeping on an air mattress.

Warbonnet was great jack of all trades. It works with the ocf pad that came with the hennessy and with underquilts. And it has a buckle suspension.

I found that my comfort limit with the Hennessy 4 season ocf-pad was about 7 celcius. Unfortunately Finnish summer nights are colder than that so it didn't cut even for 1 season use.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    4season foam pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie + carabin
    Thanks for the reply. I've only tested mine once this far and toke it down to about 0 celcius. I used a army sleeping bag (hot as ****) + a sheep skin under my butt inbetween the two layers of the hammock. Had to take of clothes in the night.

It was great comfort, tough!! Best sleep I've had in a long time.

I've figured as much as this will be the important point with my Hammock as well. A mix that makes me able to sleep out in Norwegian weather but that dosn't weight to much.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast