Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Do you have the mitten hooks secured to something on the ridgeline, or do they just slide freely? I'm thinking I might try this out.

Good question... I am clipping directly to the ARL. You could add a prussik which could be useful, but I have an adjustable RL and clip right on the ucr. I don't think I would want to put a prussik over the ucr.

Last night I spliced a set of triangle thingies as an experiment.. Not sure how I feel about them yet. The simplicity of the mitten hook is a winner so far.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    .....Last night I spliced a set of triangle thingies as an experiment.. Not sure how I feel about them yet. The simplicity of the mitten hook is a winner so far.

Update

I've spliced various versions of the Triangle Thingies and none have beat the mitten hook on the RL...

Today I am going to convert all of my ARL's to SRL's and connect the mitten hook with a micro cord prussik... the suspensions on my quilts come at the RL from different angles so the adjustment would be useful (Incubators vs Phincubator)
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

More than one vendor uses pack hooks sewn to the hammock edge to snug up an UQ and keep it from shifting, two on each end a foot or more in from the end. Additionally, one at the shoulder, and possibly one at the feet, makes for a pretty nice set-up for a traditional UQ. I think of the Tato hooks as a way to mimic this with no sewing for a netless hammock. IMHO, this gets the job done without having to have anything that involves the ridgeline. I think of those things as an earlier attempt that has been replaced by something better.

Hammock
    Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware
    Quote Originally Posted by moogin View Post
    I’ve been looking to modify my Dutchware net less hammock with some clips for an UQ but maybe I will use the triangle thingies over the ridge line. Do people generally use shock cord for this sort of application?
    Here is what I do with my Dutch netless and HG incubator.. line loc 3 larks head to the Ridgeline then run a length of shock cord with a mitten hook to the d rings on your UQ.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Is there a good video that I can watch that shows how to use the mitten clips? My HG quilt sliding off my shoulder or feet is one of my biggest frustrations when I hang. I have tried to control my quilt using the standard tension tie outs but I still have to reach out and pull the quilt over my feet or shoulder in the middle of the night. If I am close to other people I feel bad doing this and making noise. I have looked at Dutch's quilt hooks but I worry that they would damage my bug net.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12