trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    I will be bringing a kayak and can bring a second one if someone needs it. Just let me know. They are both appropriate for ocean travel at 17 and 15.5 feet. My wife will be coming with me this year so we're bringing our camper. I already spoke with Tom and have a site near the action.
    I'm in the market for a longer boat, so I am only bringing my kayak gear, not the boat, and I hope I get lucky with a used boat. Trouble is, I've never had a long boat, so don't exactly know what I'm looking for. Crap shoot. So I may not be able to paddle unless I get something that will float me. I'll be planning for Thursday late afternoon arrival.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    SMR TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch straps
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    So I build an amazing hammock and tarp including suspension and bugnet, got some 30 degree under/top quilts from hammock gear, and was about to camp out for first time up in the mountains this weekend and my buddy bailed. I noticed this on the forum and I actually wouldn't mind having a bunch of experienced folks around for my first overnight hang not in my yard. Is it too late to join? I'd probably come up Friday and leave Sunday. What would I need to do?

Obligatory picture of some of the stuff I've been building. It's been water tested and sleeps like a dream.

Attachment 176691
    Never too late ! You're more than welcome to join us. We're having a pot luck Friday night and the campground is doing a lobster bake for us Saturday night. There are lots of good restaurants in the area as well
    Grey Eagle
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Eagle View Post
    I have an extra pup tent from dutchwear that you cn borrow. I'll have Abby there.
    Ooh, I want to check out that tent. I'll have greyhounds in the not so distant future (even if there are just fosters), and they will need to learn to live camping!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Eagle View Post
    I think Dustin who originally organized the raffle wanted to hand that over to someone else and Ted was helping him but Ted has moved south this year to NC. I don't think anyone has come forward to run it for this year.
    Dang! What will I do with my extra Bacon Book?!

Stacy- will there be a raffle at the fall hang?

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Quote Originally Posted by tangara View Post
    I'm in the market for a longer boat, so I am only bringing my kayak gear, not the boat, and I hope I get lucky with a used boat. Trouble is, I've never had a long boat, so don't exactly know what I'm looking for. Crap shoot. So I may not be able to paddle unless I get something that will float me. I'll be planning for Thursday late afternoon arrival.
    Sorry, not having any takers until now, the other side of my rack will have a canoe that is going to a girl scout troop. I'm only bringing one kayak.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about longer boats.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    I've got a Necky Chatham 18 that I would consider selling (more of a canoe paddler these days). Not sure about your price range and intended use, but I figured I'd throw it out there. We are flying in from Chicago, so I obviously wouldn't be able to bring it to the hang, but I will be driving East a couple of weeks later in case you are interested.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by BoundryWaters View Post
    I've got a Necky Chatham 18 that I would consider selling (more of a canoe paddler these days). Not sure about your price range and intended use, but I figured I'd throw it out there. We are flying in from Chicago, so I obviously wouldn't be able to bring it to the hang, but I will be driving East a couple of weeks later in case you are interested.

Hey BoundryWaters! Looking forward to talking with you about paddling up there (I assume with that name you enjoy the BWCA). I have always wanted to go.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by ljane View Post
    Dang! What will I do with my extra Bacon Book?!

Stacy- will there be a raffle at the fall hang?

Not unless someone wants to pull one together.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by ljane View Post
    Ooh, I want to check out that tent. I'll have greyhounds in the not so distant future (even if there are just fosters), and they will need to learn to live camping!

soo cool! Good luck with your future foster furries!
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast