Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    I haven't had to "go to ground" yet and make no plans to, but don't count out the bridge hammocks. I did the gathered ends for years but it's now kind of a punishment to have to use one after a few years with my bridge. A double layer Warbonnet Ridgerunner works very well with a pad and even is handy with a sleeping bag.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Most of the top cottage vendors have good return policies so you could try and see.
    Enjoy the hammock quest.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Most of the top cottage vendors have good return policies so you could try and see.
    Enjoy the hammock quest.
    Shug
    After going back and forth a bunch, I ended up purchasing the lightwait double XLC with a top cover. I’m sure I’ll also end up with a Chameleon at some point too, but it seemed like a good fit for my first real hammock. The ask for all the intel. Looking forward to sleeping in it soon!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Don't forget to look at or hopefully have a chance to try out the Clark NX-270, which is an upgrade from my older NX-250, which I purchased several years ago. I have tried many different ones since, and always go back to it. The initial cost may seem high, but by the time a person gets their hammock equipped to their satisfaction, you will most like likely have saved money. It has everything needed, you don't have to worry about adding components, or forgetting bug nets or weather covers when you go, it is all there , all the time. If you do not wish to use the bug net or weather cover, they can be very conveniently tucked away, or deployed in the middle of the night if needed. It is definitely apparently not one of the "cool kids" hammocks, but it is bomb proof, comfortable, and trustworthy! Give it a an honest look!
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Lots of options out there from our many cottage vendors here on HF. I remember when I was first looking at custom hammocks and trying to figure out if I was left or right lay, but since I flop around I couldn't get into the idea of being locked into a certain lay. That said, I went to Jared at SLD and am now on my second Trail Lair, along with a bunch of other custom gear from him. Top notch quality and faster than fast turnaround time. Enjoy the quest for the perfect hammock!
    And, if you don't like what you bought, the FS section is a great place to find it a New home.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Maybe if you let go of the idea of getting the "best" or "only" hammock and just consider it your first hammock the choice won't be so difficult. It is not an end in itself, it is the start of a journey of discovery. The first task is the start. My guess is, very few of the forum members are still using the first hammock they bought. The For Sale sub-forum is a great place to "recycle" a hammock and pick up another. Ask yourself this, is the outfit you wear in the summer the same as you wear in the winter? Probably not. Different circumstances; different gear. I have a hammock I sleep in at night. It is not the same hammock I take on a day hike. Same with the tarp.

It was already said that the hammocks you selected as candidates were all good. At this point there is no "best of the best"; there is only preference. And if the one you gets works great for you, don't worry about the others for now. Play with technique. devise your own scheme for estimating tree distance, etc. Find the sweet spot sag amount. Determine how much higher you like the foot end over the head end. Lots of things to do with the "first" hammock.

And remember, if you've been out of a hammock for a while, it may take a day or two for the muscles to recall they can relax and be completely cradled in the hammocks "arms". So if the first or second night feels weird, give it a second or third chance.

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    I think you will be pleased with the xlc

Hammock
    10' SFOC
    Options are good but it can get overwhelming. Glad you found something you like.
    Chris Siebenaler
    Sloth and Fox Outdoor Company
    Amazon
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Website

Thanks all! Really looking forward to getting it setup and do some testing at home in the very near future.

Hammock
    double eagle and grand sumo stand
    Insulation
    Snugpak TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing straps
    Get yourself a tensa stand light enuff for mbike camping
    Never have to go to ground
    Shugs done a vid or 2

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast