Hammock
    Currently in ENO Single
    Insulation
    Big Agnus 15
    Suspension
    custom creation

Hangn' around in SC

Hey, I'm on the NC/SC boarder and am new to the forum and hammock world. Looked like a good way to reduce gear from tent setup and have more alternatives and options.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Welcome from New Jersey. You're bound to be sucked into the rabbit hole of knowledge here on the Forums. You'll quickly learn that there is too much here to even understand, lol. Take a look at the Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning tab and find a group event near you. There you can see examples of all the things you read about here. I have only been a part of this for a year, but everyone I have encountered has been exceptionally friendly and eager to show off their gear.

Have fun!

Welcome from Georgia. I'm not sure that hammock camping will lead to reduced gear, though. It's addictive and the fiddle factor is quite high. Ask most folks on here how many hammocks they really need and the answer is usually "just one more." Same for tarps and suspensions and under quilts and top quilts. When you try to resist the temptation to buy more, somebody will hold a sale! Hang onto your wallet.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    UCR/Straps
    Welcome from a neighbor in Charlotte!

As you explore the Forum you'll find lots of creative ideas based on tons of experience/experimentation on nearly every topic you can imagine, and many you won't. Loads of hammock veterans and innovators are willing to share - extremely helpful in choosing gear, avoiding mistakes, getting up to speed faster, and having more fun.

As a relative newbie myself, I agree with you that camping in a hammock opens options - part of the reason I converted last year. There's a learning curve (but worth it)!

• + New Posts