Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Sorry for the trouble. We’ve become unwitting experts in spring button dislodgment physics over the last few productions, and think we have finally licked it.

Current production Solos (and Tensa4s in case they are converted to Solos) ship with an improved set of 3 internal spacers that prevent the segments hyper-collapsing to knock out the buttons. We haven’t announced as a retrofit because our whole stock is pre-installed on whole Solos, so we have to cannibalize new stock to free up the spacers, making it un-sellable until we get loose spacer sets in a few/several months’ time. Makes the collapsed pole a little more than an inch longer than before.

We will pull spacer sets for existing Solo customers upon request, and send for the cost of shipping (~$8 Priority flat rate padded envelope), at least unless/until we run out before resupply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the explanation and the offer. I can wait if its easier on your end. Sounds like it is. I'd rather you not miss out on a sale.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    I took some measurements and put these together in Fusion360. I am still learning and dusting of my 3D modeling skills from 15 years ago. They seem to work well enough. They are a snug fit, and I need to make some adjustments on the models, but they are working. I need to check my printer for something loose, it's ringing quite a bit.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    If you will share your Fusion 360 files I'll tweak them and produce these for customers at request - as long as the printers are not making other Tensa related products.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    Absolutely! The largest and smallest diameter spacers are snug, and require some light persuasion to fit. the middle one slips right in. So far they seem to be doing their job just fine.

Here is the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/177s...ew?usp=sharing

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    I have been trying to get my tarp set up dialed in with the Solo conversions, so I am ready to go when I pack up the dual-sport bike. Hauling around two half-poles instead of 4 full poles makes a lot more sense. Anywho, my tarp is 12', and I have been struggling to get the tarp secured and tensioned properly without having the hammock on the ground (poles too far apart). I decided to try the tarp pole from the Tensa4 setup. It seemed to do the trick! I can tension the tarp, and have enough clearance under the hammock for my UQ.

After I took this photo, I played with it some more, so it is even more secure.
    Last edited by draco_1967; 07-06-2021 at 13:01.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Draco, if it seems to be tensioning the tarp well enough, then cool. It just seems like something isn't quite right though.

I'm used to setting up the tarp extenders on the Tensa4 stand though, not on the Solo, so my thoughts probably mean squat.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Draco, if it seems to be tensioning the tarp well enough, then cool. It just seems like something isn't quite right though.

I'm used to setting up the tarp extenders on the Tensa4 stand though, not on the Solo, so my thoughts probably mean squat.
    No worries! I adjusted the tarp pole and made it more secure after I took this picture (didn't take another pic of that, doh!). It was very stable after I made the adjustments. I may try just strapping the tarp extension to the Solo pole, to see if that is any better. The little triangle thingy at the base of the extension just keeps it from falling downward during setup.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon Wide 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY Thunderfly
    Insulation
    DIY Costco Gemeni
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Looking for thoughts on the idea of hanging three hammocks from three Tensa Solo arranged as a triangle.

One glaring concern would be tarp overlap, but what about the physics? Would, for example, the opposing forces applied by two different hammock suspensions cause a buckling concern? Combined weight of all three of us would be about 480lb.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Looking for thoughts on the idea of hanging three hammocks from three Tensa Solo arranged as a triangle.

One glaring concern would be tarp overlap, but what about the physics? Would, for example, the opposing forces applied by two different hammock suspensions cause a buckling concern? Combined weight of all three of us would be about 480lb.
    Marius,

The Solo pole should handle the forces very well. Not sure about the anchors. As people get in and out of the hammocks the direction of load will vary considerably. The failure point is most likely just the anchors as long as ALL load bearing connections are at the same point on any one pole. Go try it and let us all know.

The better way to use 3 Solo and 3 hammocks is with a common central support, such as a single tree. That way each hammock is its own system.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    DIY Hexon Wide 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY Thunderfly
    Insulation
    DIY Costco Gemeni
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks much!
    Definitely the goal would be a central support, but I've got a trip planned for this year with three of us that hang and I'm not confident we'll always have even one tree to hang from.

If we decide to go the Solo route we'll definitely test this idea out in the spring before the trip and report back results here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast