Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Thanks much!
    Definitely the goal would be a central support, but I've got a trip planned for this year with three of us that hang and I'm not confident we'll always have even one tree to hang from.

If we decide to go the Solo route we'll definitely test this idea out in the spring before the trip and report back results here.
    That sounds like a really cool trip, and it would be fun to hear back on your results either way.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just got a Tensa Solo. Those of you that use one do you leave a little slack in the Solo guy lines?
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Just got a Tensa Solo. Those of you that use one do you leave a little slack in the Solo guy lines?
    The ground anchor lines? I don't.
    I usually put up my tarp skinned to act as a ridgeline and then tighten my anchor lines against that. Both the tarp/ridgeline and my anchor lines are set to "snug".

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Shug, when you get some TST (Tensa Solo Time), please report back about your anchoring experiences. It seems there are five or six choices out there; Orange Screws - large or small, BoomStakes - long or short, Peggy pegs (from Tensa’s site), and groundgrabba stakes. For the digitally minded, I wonder if a scale of some sort can be attached between the guyline and Solo pole to give the pounds “pull” on the anchors.

I recall one post where the hanger attached two anchors, about 2 feet apart, to each guyline with the idea of splitting the pull force between the two anchors. For example, a line would go from one screw, through the ground side guyline end loop, to the other anchor and the anchors would be would go off at an angle from the main guyline - splitting the pull between them. That way, two short orange screws, per guyline, might work as well or better than one long screw (if the ground wouldn’t take a long screw.).
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Here’s another option with 50kg of pull strength: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mping-tent-peg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LowTech View Post
    The ground anchor lines? I don't.
    I usually put up my tarp skinned to act as a ridgeline and then tighten my anchor lines against that. Both the tarp/ridgeline and my anchor lines are set to "snug".
    Righto. I have mine a bit loose to make adjustments easier at this point and drop me down a little when I get in. First day messing so will get my system as aI go. I imagine everyone goes a bit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    Shug, when you get some TST (Tensa Solo Time), please report back about your anchoring experiences. It seems there are five or six choices out there; Orange Screws - large or small, BoomStakes - long or short, Peggy pegs (from Tensa’s site), and groundgrabba stakes. For the digitally minded, I wonder if a scale of some sort can be attached between the guyline and Solo pole to give the pounds “pull” on the anchors.

I recall one post where the hanger attached two anchors, about 2 feet apart, to each guyline with the idea of splitting the pull force between the two anchors. For example, a line would go from one screw, through the ground side guyline end loop, to the other anchor and the anchors would be would go off at an angle from the main guyline - splitting the pull between them. That way, two short orange screws, per guyline, might work as well or better than one long screw (if the ground wouldn’t take a long screw.).
    Using the larger boom stakes for now as we have soggy ground here with thaw and rain lately. Holding well so far. I'll test until I drop. Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammichael View Post
    Here’s another option with 50kg of pull strength: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mping-tent-peg

I have eyeballed those. Not heard from anyone using them. They sure look like art.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

I have an earlier version that are great! I use them with my Trekking Treez and can’t wait to save even more weight with these UL versions!

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Shug, It looks like you're running really long lines to your stakes. I don't think I've ever gone more than about 10" of line.
    W/ the angle of the pole it pretty much looks like a pyramid when I'm set up.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    When I got mine, it was just to hold me over until I could get the full-meal-deal (Tensa4), then I started realizing the benefit. Assuming good match for anchor and ground - note hammmichael, it’s not just the strength of the anchor; it’s the anchor/ground pair - I no longer have to look for “… two trees the necessary distance apart …”. With the Solo, it’s one tree and I can set the distance for a GE or Bridge hammock. But … it is not anywhere near “UL”. You’d need a CF version for that.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

The Trekking Treez are amazing and gamechanging. I can backpack anywhere now, knowing that I only need to hang from one spot!

• + New Posts
  • Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast