Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch

Tensa SOLO?

Doesn't seem to be much love for this option. Or, at least my google skills are lacking. In the Northeast, I don't have too much of a problem finding trees. Plenty of times I've thought, if I could attach to that tree over there, it'd be perfect, but... Thinking stuffing this option in my bag might be good for peace of mind for those times.

Thoughts?

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    with unlimited funds I would have one as well

Images
    I have the conversion kit, which is just the additional pieces needed to make one Solo from the existing Tensa4 components. 1 extra ground anchor UCR, additional smaller diameter segment of the aluminum tubing, rubber foot to put on a larger tubing segment than the normal footed sections of the Tensa4, and a couple other bits for hanging the hammock.

Assuming you'll have at least 1 tree available, it's a pretty compact and lightweight addition that one could probably bring backpacking if concerned about finding the right pair of trees at a site.

Need good soil to anchor to if using the orange screws, unless other natural anchor points are available to guy-out the Solo pole. The guylines for the Solo pole are more load-bearing than the foot-end anchor for the Tensa4, which isn't truly load-bearing but more for balance.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I have the conversion kit, which is just the additional pieces needed to make one Solo from the existing Tensa4 components. 1 extra ground anchor UCR, additional smaller diameter segment of the aluminum tubing, rubber foot to put on a larger tubing segment than the normal footed sections of the Tensa4, and a couple other bits for hanging the hammock.

Assuming you'll have at least 1 tree available, it's a pretty compact and lightweight addition that one could probably bring backpacking if concerned about finding the right pair of trees at a site.

Need good soil to anchor to if using the orange screws, unless other natural anchor points are available to guy-out the Solo pole. The guylines for the Solo pole are more load-bearing than the foot-end anchor for the Tensa4, which isn't truly load-bearing but more for balance.
    I’ve used the Tensa solo with great success while motorcycle trekking as well as in desert environments. However, I would recommend buying these titanium ground stakes to use in rocky or hard-packed ground:

TITO High Strength Titanium alloy tent stakes Tent pegs nail pegs for canopy camping tent DIA 8mm and Length 240mm only 56G (8x300mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRX9J6V..._AZQHCbQ2CTPV0

The titanium stakes are 12” x 0.25” and are INDUSTRUCTABLE. The orange plastic screws that comes with Tensa are good for sand or soft ground, but not so good for super hard ground.

Here are a couple of recent photos of the Tensa in use:

[AIMG]Attachment 173378[/AIMG]

B74CF88A-BC6D-42D7-B4CF-F4518B5BE0A2.jpg

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I’ve used the Tensa solo with great success while motorcycle trekking as well as in desert environments. However, I would recommend buying these titanium ground stakes to use in rocky or hard-packed ground:

TITO High Strength Titanium alloy tent stakes Tent pegs nail pegs for canopy camping tent DIA 8mm and Length 240mm only 56G (8x300mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRX9J6V..._AZQHCbQ2CTPV0

The titanium stakes are 12” x 0.25” and are INDUSTRUCTABLE. The orange plastic screws that comes with Tensa are good for sand or soft ground, but not so good for super hard ground.

Attachment 173378

Agree nail-type stakes are best for super hard ground. Wonder if Tensa Outdoor could source some for resale/bundle. Hard to beat Amazon though, and our inventory management is getting complex already.

We lack good photos of Solo in use. May we add your Saguaro shot to product gallery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    OV

Tensa Solo trial #1

I am bit late for this post but I am stoked about my Tensa solo.
    This used with a HH and an Outdoor Vitals UQ. I has to take down
    a fence that held one side of my setup. I bought just the pole and
    made my own UCRs and the orange screws from on line. Saved ~$60-70
    and it was fun playing w/ amsteel for the first time. After a bit of fiddling
    and diddling this what I came up with. Still trying to figure using an UQ.

C33255A8-4CCF-45AB-9CB4-5FF51211D1EC.jpg
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]177188[[ATTACH
    DD96A55C-7719-49F2-B003-629E3EAF563E.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    OV
    PS: using technology not a strong suit

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, UGQ TQ

I think TSA may have a bit of an issue if I carry those stakes in my carry-on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images

I bought a set of those TiTo stakes. Make sure to get the 12" ones. I haven't had a chance to use them, but they do look good. When we come out with the Carbon Fiber trekking/hammock poles these are stakes we might include. I'll be camping and hiking with the first prototype CF Trekking in a couple of weeks.

For grins and giggles the first prototype did NOT pass the 305# test - but the specs are being revised. This would go faster if the new Tensa4 tarp extensions weren't flying off my shelf faster than I can ship them. Not that Todd or I am complaining.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief

Tensa SOLO?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much love for this option. Or, at least my google skills are lacking. In the Northeast, I don't have too much of a problem finding trees. Plenty of times I've thought, if I could attach to that tree over there, it'd be perfect, but... Thinking stuffing this option in my bag might be good for peace of mind for those times.

Thoughts?
    As for low Google love, it’s only been out a short time in the off season. We haven’t marketed it beyond a minimum as we scale up our productive capacity and roll in some small changes.

It is all about peace of mind, and in a backpackable package. The asterisk is that unlike Tensa4 which truly sets up everywhere, you must be able to get in 2 solid ground anchors per side, which can take some trial and error in very rocky or exceptionally loose ground conditions. With the apparent discontinuation of the DD Stand (formerly Handy Hammock) we think this is the only stand of this type in a lightweight, compact format available, and ours supports tarps at proper height unlike others.

I think it’s a natural complement to Tensa4, through the conversion kits especially. Say you are moto-touring through the desert with your SO and have 2 hammocks and one Tensa4 packed. You find 3-4 trees well spaced? You are lucky. 2 trees? One hangs there, other in Tensa4. 1 tree? Break Tensa4 into 2 halves with the tree central (Gadget documented this) OR convert 2 t4 poles into Solos and hang from the tree. Zero trees? Breathe deep: Tensa4 has FOUR Solo-convertible sections. Did you have 2 babies and trade in the moto for a Subaru? With a few extra parts you can convert one Tensa4 into EIGHT Solos, to hang a family of 4 with no trees, full tarp affordances, with a total stand weight somewhere around 16lbs, still packing to 19” long.

If you do find suitable trees at your destination, a Solo doubles as the world’s most overbuilt porch mode tarp support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Latherdome; 12-19-2018 at 11:51.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast