WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by draco_1967 View Post
    I have bikes that weigh almost half of that: Yamaha Tracer900 and the "Dirt Ninja 650" (used to be 650R). My plan is to run the hammock suspension of one end over the top of the handlebars, and then down to the ground, so hopefully most of the force on the motorcycle is compressive. The bars are pretty high on both bikes, about the same height as the Solo pole, where the suspension should attach.
    Yup, that should work. I typically anchor mine on the side opposite the kickstand, with the same kind of result. I think you are going to rest well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    I have used my HD Road King as an anchor on one end before...
    Fellow Road King rider here; '10 FLHRC.
    Anyway... What specifically do you anchor to on your bike?

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Nice! Love the Road Kings. I have an '03 FLHRCI. For the Tensa4 anchor, I lark's head the foot-end tether to the saddlebag guard on the righthand side of the bike, and setup the Tensa4 on the left side of the bike. Sometimes if a tree or something else is close enough, I will just use the hammock strap anchored to the saddlebag guard, and anchor the other end to a tree/picnic table/etc.

A 100 year anniversary edition, eh? Sweet! I really dig the tank medallion and pin striping on those.
    For the Tensa 4 setup that makes sense and I'll bet it works well.
    As for anchoring your hammock straps to the saddlebag guard how do you keep the strap from sliding on the bar? And, how much height are you getting off the ground?

(Sorry for drifting off topic... If a mod wants to split this off into another thread, by all means, go ahead.)

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneE4 View Post
    A 100 year anniversary edition, eh? Sweet! I really dig the tank medallion and pin striping on those.
    For the Tensa 4 setup that makes sense and I'll bet it works well.
    As for anchoring your hammock straps to the saddlebag guard how do you keep the strap from sliding on the bar? And, how much height are you getting off the ground?

(Sorry for drifting off topic... If a mod wants to split this off into another thread, by all means, go ahead.)
    I just snug it up towards the bike. I will try to take some pics tonight when I get home. When I'm just anchoring the hammock itself, there isn't a whole lot of ground clearance. Most of the clearance comes from what I attach to on the other end, i.e. tree, picnic table, pole, etc.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by raftingtigger View Post
    That is most likely a spacer to keep the #2 button from getting dislodged. Not required. But the #2 spring button in the hole and then insert into the #2 pole (#1 is largest, #5 is the smallest).
    So, I'm at about a 99% chance the clip will still dislodge itself. Every once in awhile I decide to figure out a better mousetrap, and every time I realize I've just wasted 20min I'll never get back. Is there a trick? It's a real pain dealing with the clips stuck in random places in the pole.
    Thanks

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    So, I'm at about a 99% chance the clip will still dislodge itself. Every once in awhile I decide to figure out a better mousetrap, and every time I realize I've just wasted 20min I'll never get back. Is there a trick? It's a real pain dealing with the clips stuck in random places in the pole.
    Thanks
    Sorry for the trouble. We’ve become unwitting experts in spring button dislodgment physics over the last few productions, and think we have finally licked it.

Current production Solos (and Tensa4s in case they are converted to Solos) ship with an improved set of 3 internal spacers that prevent the segments hyper-collapsing to knock out the buttons. We haven’t announced as a retrofit because our whole stock is pre-installed on whole Solos, so we have to cannibalize new stock to free up the spacers, making it un-sellable until we get loose spacer sets in a few/several months’ time. Makes the collapsed pole a little more than an inch longer than before.

We will pull spacer sets for existing Solo customers upon request, and send for the cost of shipping (~$8 Priority flat rate padded envelope), at least unless/until we run out before resupply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    Is there any way those spacers could be 3-D printed if we have a printer at home?

Oh, I just saw the previous post with a picture of them. They are just sections tubing? If that's the case, They wouldn't be too hard to design and print up myself... It seems like it is a part that doesn't need to take much force, right? Just keep the smaller tube from collapsing and knocking out the clip?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by draco_1967 View Post
    Is there any way those spacers could be 3-D printed if we have a printer at home?

Oh, I just saw the previous post with a picture of them. They are just sections tubing? If that's the case, They wouldn't be too hard to design and print up myself... It seems like it is a part that doesn't need to take much force, right? Just keep the smaller tube from collapsing and knocking out the clip?
    It’s 3 tubing segments with drilled holes. I might regret publicizing this too much because we might run out of these if everybody decides they need a retrofit: https://youtu.be/Pbw0al4zoFs

We should have ample supply by … September maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Dutch Netless 11'
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20*
    Suspension
    All the Dutchware!
    No worries. I don't need them right away. I do find the pins falling out annoying, but it doesn't happen all the time. I may throw something together in CAD and print it to see if that will work for me. From the video, it looks like it doesn't require a lot of strength to do the job.

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast