Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tensa SOLO?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    \

From Todd.... not anymore. The shock cord guyline was discontinued so the head and foot have matching guylines now. They just tell folks to leave the end guyline slightly slack.

I "think" the UCR option has amsteel guylines, but not absolutely certain. I'll report back. ;-)

Exactly. Instead of ordering 2 a la carte guylines, I had the option of using the ridgeline and baseline for the second solo... and possibly using an extension strap for a bit more length for the baseline.

I went with option "B". ;-)

I thought it came with 1 too.. since that's how it's still pictured when you don't choose the 2 anchors and guylines upgrade. I shot an email to Todd before ordering, and he came back with my needing 2 additional guylines for the 2nd solo (2 coming with the tensa)... either utilizing the ridge and base lines, or ordering 2 more guylines a la carte.
    Good to know, thanks. I'd appreciate if you can confirm when you receive your goodies. Some fun tinkering in your near future!

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I'd appreciate if you can confirm when you receive your goodies. Some fun tinkering in your near future!
    YES, Sir! Going to be some good fun sorting it, I'm sure. I'll certainly check in with it once received.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I'd appreciate if you can confirm when you receive your goodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    I'll certainly check in with it once received.
    HoLy CrAp... that was fast!!

Probably didn't hurt that he's only an hour or so up the road from me, but still.

I can confirm.... UCR option.... ALL Amsteel, brother! Guylines, ridge and baseline.

I'll add too... those boomstakes are SWEET! Pounded one into the back yard for kicks, roped it and put all my body weight and then some on it. Even after a pretty decent rain this morning... didn't budge a bit. The "specially reinforced" refers to the hole end on the boom reinforcement with 2" of additional inner tubing.

Also not mentioned: The boomstakes, tarp extensions and solo mods all come in their own cinch bags making it nice and neat to add or subtract components as needed. Throughout... the attention to finish detail is evident.

Weren't cheap, but pretty impressive kit. Let the tinkering begin!
    Last edited by Yarome; 10-18-2019 at 07:20.

Hammock
    11.5ft DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY winter tarp
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex UG/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I can't believe that this would work that easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2JarHx1Kg0

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    We have contemplated making Boomstakes the default. We do know cases where Orange Screws hold better, but in really hard ground Orange Screws don’t work at all. We can’t get a handle on which would be a better default. Boomstakes pack smaller and are lighter. Boomstakes cost more as we are presently fabricating, but if we made default we could probably shift the economics with volume. Welcome your opinion.
    How well do boomstakes work in soft ground? That's more my issue than dry, but smaller could be a reason to go with them over the orange screws. Which is better overall?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    How well do boomstakes work in soft ground? That's more my issue than dry, but smaller could be a reason to go with them over the orange screws. Which is better overall?
    Impossible to answer. It all depends on the infinite variability of ground conditions. But in general, with many exceptions and a large area of overlap, Orange Screws are better in ground easy to drive them in, while Boomstakes are superior in ground harder than that. Some beach sand conditions are firm enough that Boomstakes will hold, but Orange Screws generally have a better chance here. The "designated tent pads" of many developed campsites are too hard to get Orange Screws into: Boomstakes to the rescue, the boom itself not necessarily needed.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Impossible to answer. It all depends on the infinite variability of ground conditions. But in general, with many exceptions and a large area of overlap, Orange Screws are better in ground easy to drive them in, while Boomstakes are superior in ground harder than that. Some beach sand conditions are firm enough that Boomstakes will hold, but Orange Screws generally have a better chance here. The "designated tent pads" of many developed campsites are too hard to get Orange Screws into: Boomstakes to the rescue, the boom itself not necessarily needed.
    Thanks. Order placed with orange screws.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimswms View Post
    My 90 degree hammock requires straps higher on the trees. Even at the shortest, around 7 feet between trees, the straps would be around 6' up on the tree. Would I be able to go that high on Tensa Solo?
    This puts me about 3" off the ground, but hanging! So psyched it works. A cinder blocks brings it up to a reasonable height, so I guess finding a branch, rock or whatever would help, although the sketch factor could be high considering what you find.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    And, another with a log, and CL directly to pole. Luke at Hammock tent says no problem on the structural piece. I'm hanging about 12" off the ground. Feels every bit as stable as the tensa pole directly on ground. Or attached to a tree for that matter

Hammock
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    And, with the tarp. Tight, but doable

• + New Posts