Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    BackcountryBowhunting...what are your tips for side sleeping? 6'4" 225 and couldn't help but order an XLC. Watched the Shug video but figure this might be worth asking about every time. No pad here.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    I noticed the Dream-Tex Eldorado’s are now available. I ordered one in Autumn Orange. Thanks for all these new options!
    Yes, were working on getting those options up across the website

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaThugComputation View Post
    BackcountryBowhunting...what are your tips for side sleeping? 6'4" 225 and couldn't help but order an XLC. Watched the Shug video but figure this might be worth asking about every time. No pad here.
    MistaThug,
    I read your post last night while in my hammock, here's what I noticed. The short answer is get a flat lay and use a small pillow.
    I'm 5'9" 190#'s.
    I've found that to get the flattest lay that I had to raise the foot end high enough so that I wouldn't slide toward the center of the hammock. My foot end is a little more than a foot higher then the head end. Don't be afraid to play around with the height of your foot end. I think that you'll find many positions feel good but one will feel GREAT!

So, getting the lay right is first. This makes you level. Once I'm level I use a short pillow. With a short pillow while I'm on my side my spine is straight, my pelvis and legs are straight too. I can lay straight or curled up, either way on either side is comfortable.

I hope that helps!

Thanks! I may give that a try tonight. At 6'4" hopefully it still works....

If you end up offering the Dream-tex for the Ridgerunner, would it be a lighter fabric than the 1.6, like a 1.0 or 1.1? What's the timeframe for when you may offer it?
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    It's likely, honestly I have not tried it with a RR, the difference being that the weave is specially designed for an end gathered hammock specifically, but there is a pretty good likelyhood it will work well for a bridge too.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Just got my Eldorado yesterday in Autumn Orange Dream-Tex! I sure slept well in it last night. It passes the sniff test for sure. I did notice that the Wooki XL fits way better on it than it did on my DreamHammock. This hammock must be a bit shorter than 11’, am I right? I Know the ridgeline is a bit longer, but it also seems like it must be a shorter body length too.

For those it may concern, the Autumn orange in Dream-Tex is a matte burnt orange color. Not very brownish like I was expecting based off the website’s pics, but it matches well enough with my other gear, so I’ll stick with it anyway. Looks a lot like my Orange Xenon Sil gear hammmock.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vsiddhartha View Post
    If you end up offering the Dream-tex for the Ridgerunner, would it be a lighter fabric than the 1.6, like a 1.0 or 1.1? What's the timeframe for when you may offer it?
    We will probably start offering it in the 1.6 DT

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    Just got my Eldorado yesterday in Autumn Orange Dream-Tex! I sure slept well in it last night. It passes the sniff test for sure. I did notice that the Wooki XL fits way better on it than it did on my DreamHammock. This hammock must be a bit shorter than 11’, am I right? I Know the ridgeline is a bit longer, but it also seems like it must be a shorter body length too.

For those it may concern, the Autumn orange in Dream-Tex is a matte burnt orange color. Not very brownish like I was expecting based off the website’s pics, but it matches well enough with my other gear, so I’ll stick with it anyway. Looks a lot like my Orange Xenon Sil gear hammmock.
    Glad you like it. The XLC is made from an 11' piece of fabric, I am not sure the raw fabric length a dream hammock starts at.

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    Dark red dream tex Ridgerunner double layer. No mention yet on the Ridgerunner colors so I checked
    the Eldorado for the Dream Tex colors. Made a note to WB ordered the color. Best on the photo till
    I head out for a nap. Added gear for additional color.
    wb1.jpg
    wb.jpg
    20.jpg
    b7.jpg
    Last edited by arczeneb; 01-30-2019 at 08:50.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaThugComputation View Post
    I’m a side sleeper with an older XLC

I typically start on my back and get all comfortable, make sure the UQ is good and all that then enjoy laying. Soon thereafter I’ll get sort of a halfsies side lay; I curl up and kinda rotate 45 degrees.
    I didn’t realize this at first but looking back on pictures from my Thru a lot of the times my suspension doesn’t seem as tight as others so maybe give that a try also.

I’ve found most positions comfy in the hammock honestly the only issue I had was the UQ slipping sometimes when I rolled around.

Def have a pillow of some sort. I started with a tiny down pillow for my neck but eventually just balled up my puffy, when I was already using to prop my back up for reading.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast