Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I think some of these need to end up in my Christmas stocking!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Images
    To end up in your Christmas stocking? Oh no, that would be sad. They want to breath fresh air and love to end up at your guyline or tie-outs.
    Omnia vincit lectulus pensilis.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittagsfrost View Post
    To end up in your Christmas stocking? Oh no, that would be sad. They want to breath fresh air and love to end up at your guyline or tie-outs.
    Being able to leave them threaded onto your guylines (especially the line going to the trees) is one of the best features I think, so yes they will be very happy on the ends of your guylines, but they work really well attached to the stakes too. I think people who like leaving their ground corner guylines attached to their tarp will find having TarpTicks on their tent stakes to be a great compliment to that. While folks who want to be able to keep all their guylines in a guyline kit so they can grab any random tarp will find it useful to store the TarpTicks on all the guylines. The goal was to make something that wasn't super specialized, something that different users could use in different ways to suit their specific preferences for how they like to rig their tarp. I haven't messed with CRL's much but I feel like you might be able to rig a CRL with it too.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittagsfrost View Post
    Then I need to adopt fair-weather ticks that won't mind me waiting for winter to pass. Then they'll be cozy and happy in a stocking. Besides I hear ticks like the color red

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Being able to leave them threaded onto your guylines (especially the line going to the trees) is one of the best features I think, so yes they will be very happy on the ends of your guylines, but they work really well attached to the stakes too. I think people who like leaving their ground corner guylines attached to their tarp will find having TarpTicks on their tent stakes to be a great compliment to that. While folks who want to be able to keep all their guylines in a guyline kit so they can grab any random tarp will find it useful to store the TarpTicks on all the guylines. The goal was to make something that wasn't super specialized, something that different users could use in different ways to suit their specific preferences for how they like to rig their tarp. I haven't messed with CRL's much but I feel like you might be able to rig a CRL with it too.
    It's perfect for someone like me who keeps changing setup styles every year. Intimidator should get me some for Christmas

Last edited by Comet_Seeker; 12-17-2018 at 06:08.

Ooooooo me likey!
    "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    I've been waiting for something like these. I don't like to keep hardware on my tarps. Having them on tie-outs would be my choice. That way I can go from tarp to tarp and choose what stake, if any, to use.

Thanks Brandon. I will be ordering some in the future.

Wow! These look amazing! Looks so much easier than having a CRL for the tarp, and attaching them to the guylines looks like a breeze! Definitely ordering these!

Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties
    Question for those who've used the Ticks..... btw, I like your use of the Tick!

What I don't like about the set I've received are the sharp points. For the way I intend to use them, I see no purpose and may sand them off / smooth, so they don't have potential to damage my tarp in storage.

I use Dutch Fleaz permanently attached to my tarp corners and ordered a set of these to setup a new tarp from Warbonnet in the same fashion.

What are other's thought about the sharp points?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast