Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I just ordered zing it and some more Amsteel. I'm going to try it some dynaglide in the future. Most people say it's harder so I like your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Having spliced many miles of each over the last ten year, I personally love to work with Dynaglide. It takes practice to get the feel of working with it but I would pick it to splice over any of the others if I get to pick. Amsteel is pretty easy but on recent spools, they have changed the weave pattern and it's driving me a bit nuts to get the feel right. The smaller Lash/zing it's are a bit of work but the 2.2mm size is not too hard. But it's all about doing enough of it to get the right feel in splicing with the various lines.
    Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    If I had to pick one...

Orange Dynaglide (if I had to pick one I would never work with again it would be green dynaglide)

You can do it all, from a full bridge suspension all the way down to a guyline.
    With a 1000lb rating there is no great argument not to hang on it other than perhaps gloves in the winter.
    If I wasn't an UL minded feller... I suppose 7/64" amsteel would get the 'all seasons' nod of perfection, but it's so overkill for everything else I'd deal with taking off a glove to adjust my whoopie sling.

Agree with the others that there is no reason to pick one, but if I'm playing along that's my vote.

I never really got the point of 2.2 MM zing it/lash it... and my gram weenie rarely gets excited enough to reach for the 1.75 mm versions over the 2mm dynaglide. The orange is easier to see than the grey... though some find the orange visually offensive.

Thanks I like your perspective. Why don't you like the green dynaglide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    If I had to pick one...

Orange Dynaglide (if I had to pick one I would never work with again it would be green dynaglide)

You can do it all, from a full bridge suspension all the way down to a guyline.
    With a 1000lb rating there is no great argument not to hang on it other than perhaps gloves in the winter.
    If I wasn't an UL minded feller... I suppose 7/64" amsteel would get the 'all seasons' nod of perfection, but it's so overkill for everything else I'd deal with taking off a glove to adjust my whoopie sling.

Agree with the others that there is no reason to pick one, but if I'm playing along that's my vote.

I never really got the point of 2.2 MM zing it/lash it... and my gram weenie rarely gets excited enough to reach for the 1.75 mm versions over the 2mm dynaglide. The orange is easier to see than the grey... though some find the orange visually offensive.

Banned
    Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    20/-20Wooki, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    An amateur might run det-cord the length of the ridgeline, put a canister of 40-percent every yard and squeeze the blast with gelatin nitrate esters. But you have to remember that any concussive blast will have a torqueing effect on the hammock, so I'd use Primacord instead of squeeze and compression, and let gravity do the work.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trecker8 View Post
    An amateur might run det-cord the length of the ridgeline, put a canister of 40-percent every yard and squeeze the blast with gelatin nitrate esters. But you have to remember that any concussive blast will have a torqueing effect on the hammock, so I'd use Primacord instead of squeeze and compression, and let gravity do the work.

Candidly.. I have no idea what this ^^^^ means....

I vote Dynaglide. Again.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by spencereyring View Post
    Thanks I like your perspective. Why don't you like the green dynaglide?

Whatever coating they use to get that neon green binds everything together.

This stuff is designed as arborist throw line (which is why it makes excellent bear bag line). It's also why it comes in the 'high visibility' colors.
    The green seems to have an excessively thick waxy coating that you need to break up for splicing. Might be worth choosing specifically for a bear bag line, but to work with to splice up you just fight it the whole way. Regular green amsteel seems fine, so it's something with that bright green to set it.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Whatever coating they use to get that neon green binds everything together.

This stuff is designed as arborist throw line (which is why it makes excellent bear bag line). It's also why it comes in the 'high visibility' colors.
    The green seems to have an excessively thick waxy coating that you need to break up for splicing. Might be worth choosing specifically for a bear bag line, but to work with to splice up you just fight it the whole way. Regular green amsteel seems fine, so it's something with that bright green to set it.

Come to think of it.. I've experienced this as well. Hadn't really given thought as to why. Makes sense though
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234