Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    netless hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    undecided

Where do you store your suspension.

I am new here and to hanging in general. I am a person who likes for everything to have it's place and was curious what your method was when it comes to storing your suspension system While on a hike. Do you have a separate bag for it all, just cram it into your pack, do you put it in the same bag as your hammock whether it be a black bishop bag, double ended stuff sack, or snake skin?

I was fiddling around with the idea of attaching an external pocket or maybe an internal compartment to a MYOG double ended stuff sack to hold my suspension so everything was a complete package but i'm wondering if it's even worth the effort.

Typically I stuff my hammock, quilts and anything else I want to stay dry in a compactor bag at the bottom of my pack, assuming my suspension is dry and tree sap free it also goes inside the bag. If the suspension isn't dry or clean then i just toss it in the backpack on top of the rolled down compactor bag.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I keep mine in a baggie in my BlackBishop bag with my hammock.
    Like it all in one unified locale.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

My whoopies are permanently attached to my hammock and my straps/toggles are always tucked inside the end of my double ended stuff sack.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I was keeping my in a separate drawstring bag which I kept in the same mesh pocket as my tarp. This way it was always in the same place whether it was wet or dry.

Last week I got the gear bag from Arrowhead. I like that I have my stakes, hammock suspension, and extra guy rope all in one place instead of three separate pouches. The verdict is still out as to whether the one larger bag works better than three small ones, but so far I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    In a separate bag with guy lines, stakes (in their own stuff sack) a carabiner or two and some extra cords.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I just use webbing straps for my suspension. All I do is fold them up and secure them with a hair tie in the middle, and place them in the side pocket of my pack.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle

Where do you store your suspension.

I have 1” poly/dyneema straps from Dutch. I liked the versatility of the multi-buckle when I first saw it, and so in addition to the Beetle Buckles, I keep one multi-buckle on each strap. They’re light and don’t add much bulk to the straps. I have a loop of 1/16” shock cord running through one of the tiny holes in each multi-buckle, and I just wrap my straps with those for storage. The ball of straps and hardware then ends up in a mesh storage bag.

On the straps, the multi-buckles serve as hanging points for stuff. I haven't found out whether they make good water breaks.

Depending on which hammock I'm using, I'll either be becket hitching to long tree straps, or using marlin spike and toggle for whoopie slings. Regardless, the storage is roughly equivalent. Straps or straps and toggles are stored in a small stuff sack that also holds my tarp stakes. The whoopies are semi-permanently attached to one hammock, so the hammock goes into a double ended bag and the whoopies are just loosely wound around the bag. The bridge hammock has amsteel permanently attached to the ends, so all of that gets stuffed into the double ended sack with the hammock. I'll admit that the amsteel may be wet if it's been raining, but it doesn't really absorb water, so shaking them off removes most of the water and I just don't worry too much about the rest getting the hammock too wet.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    UCR/Straps
    I store my suspension in a ziplock (to keep sap, dirt, and wet away from other gear). I throw the ziplock in one of two spots (still making up my mind on which I prefer): 1) one end of the Bishop bag with my hammock, or 2) the cinch end of my tarp stuff sack (along with guy lines and stakes).

Like keeping everything handy and in one spot when possible.
    Last edited by kayakAR; 11-26-2018 at 16:07.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast