Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    I like your idea of keeping everything together, but for me I like being able to hang the straps well before pulling out the slug in the event of bad weather, but I like your train of thought on it.
    Yeah, my thought was that the mesh half would mitigate the balloon battle royale I have each time I pack my gear away, but you're right, I DO want my straps handy before pulling the hammock out. That means packing the sil end last. Time will tell whether having the mesh end packed first will allow enough air to escape to stow everything quickly.

Either way, I'm thinking there are only positives in this sack compared to a full-sil sack, except I lose the waterproofness... which hadn't proven to be that important to me.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Here's the SLD 10' hybrid catch-all sack with my hammock, quilts, pillow, Sidecar & War Bag, suspension and straps:

Hammock
    Superior Gear, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    I am glad someone made this thread I have been on the fence about buying one of these and now I definitely think I will order one. What do you think the best size would be for an 11ft hammock and a set of 20 degree quilts?

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    That's what I have in my photo above. A Wooki and LLG TQ, both 20°. The standard width is fine for those. Length is a personal choice. The one in my photo is 10' and just reaches both ends of my Chameleon. My 8' required me to stuff the hammock in at both ends; it wouldn't completely cover the hammock while it was hanging.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    JRBNest, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I had Jared make me a Catch-all sack similar to what Snaps had made. I ordered it on Monday and it was delivered to my door at noon today.

The sack is half sil 1.1 oz and half noseeum, 10 feet long, regular width. It is still considered custom work but maybe Jared will make it a regular option.

This is my Trail Lair with JRB 20 degree Nest under quilt. Inside the hammock are a HG Burrow 20 degree quilt and a Warbonnet pillow.

H1.jpg

This is after I pulled the Catch-all over everything. It was much easier to pull over than I initially thought it may be.

H2.jpg

But now for the real test, how would it pack into my 65 liter EPIC backpack?

H3.jpg

The Catch-all took up about half my pack which is about equal to each component packed separately.

It was very easy to redeploy and everything was in place.

I really like the half sil/half noseeum as I can pull on the sil and not worry about it ripping too much.

While I haven't yet used this outside, my initial impressions are really good.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle

Mine is all sil for my 0 degree setup, but I'm really liking that half and half option. Definitely thinking about a set for my Trail Lair and 40 degree setup for summer.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Just got mine yesterday. Does everyone goover or under their RL ? Is it designed to do one or the other, OR it doesn't matter and it's left up to personal preference ? I'll post some pics of mine on my 11' diy hammock w/ SLD ridgeline organizer & Nite-ize clip on light, SLD Trail Winder asym UQ/UQP, HG -10° Incubator & -10° Burrow, 2 HG Econ pillows, Snugpak Snuggy Pillow plus my Patagonia down jacket , down booties ,wool socks and heavyweight base layers for sleep clothing ! Getting all the air out of the absolutely massive amount of down that is in the -10° quilt set and then out of the sock was the only major hurdle. Had I seen the option for the prototype noseeum strip sewn down the length for instant venting , before I ordered I would have definitely went with it. But, for.most of the year I won't have nearly that much stuff inside so venting the air, especially with my synthetic quilts , wont be such a hassle I think..
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Just ordered the new version that comes standard when you order sil nylon. It has a long thin strip of noseeum down the middle. Haven't used it yet but can tell it will allow easier packing while maintaining some of that sil protection. 10 foot regular weighs in at 4 oz.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Papatechie View Post
    Just ordered the new version that comes standard when you order sil nylon. It has a long thin strip of noseeum down the middle. Haven't used it yet but can tell it will allow easier packing while maintaining some of that sil protection. 10 foot regular weighs in at 4 oz.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Looks Great! No more Ufc rear naked choke??
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast