DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    I had just watched Spiguyver’s video on the mesh tarp skins and he mentioned they can pick up a little duff, I was worried that might be an issue with the catch all as well. Most times, I’m able to avoid the catch all from touching the ground simply because I unhook the first end and immediately start stuffing into my pack. The opposite end remains hanging in the air until I get most of the hammock into my pack, then I unhook and stuff into the compactor bag. This way also helps me keep that continuous loop right on top and easy to grasp when I go to hang the hammock.

Using this method, I don’t really have to worry about the catch all coming in contact with the ground. If it does it’s only briefly and very little, if any, material actually gets into the mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aye yes...that is my concern; which is why I opted for the nylon so I can literally throw the whole thing on the ground and not worry so much.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by Papatechie View Post
    Hey nice stuff sack! I wonder if a few eyelet rivets or sewn button slits would help those with air issues or if it would just degrade the integrity of the build?
    I’m sure it could be made from something breatheable, but one of the primary benefits of its silnylon construction is that it’s waterproof.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]170600

Sld mesh regular width 9’

• 20 tq & 20 uq full lengths & reg widths
    • dbl layer hammock w/ wind shield
    • uqp
    • pillow
    • fleece blanket

For those wondering about the mesh version ...both my snake skins & catch all are mesh.. I used this setup in the peak of fall foliage with a array of leaf fall. Pine needles etc... nothing stuck to my mesh at all . Again biggest advantage with the mesh is no air wrestling ... the only air issue is batting down the quilt loft.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Quote Originally Posted by Papatechie View Post
    Hey nice stuff sack! I wonder if a few eyelet rivets or sewn button slits would help those with air issues or if it would just degrade the integrity of the build?
    That's not a bad idea. It did take some work to get the air out to put in my dry bag. I'm not really worrying about the waterproofness of it. My plan was to use it in my hot tent to keep everything organized for when I take my hammock down during the day to fire up the stove for a small group. I think it will be a good addition to my gear.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    That's not a bad idea. It did take some work to get the air out to put in my dry bag. I'm not really worrying about the waterproofness of it. My plan was to use it in my hot tent to keep everything organized for when I take my hammock down during the day to fire up the stove for a small group. I think it will be a good addition to my gear.
    I'm no good with DIY, but sewing a couple loops on the tent would be nice. You could put a piece of cord around the whole hammock/quilt setup and draw it up towards one side and out of the way instead of having to stuff everything.

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Works great when snow starts to come down!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    I had my first wrestling match with my New Catch All yesterday. I just have my 11' hammock, JRB High Sierra Sniveller and JRB Greylock 4 in it. My ridge line organizer and UQP are packed separately in case they have some moisture in them. I know the frost bib did.

I also had issues with getting the air out when packing it into the backpack. This might actually be better for the quilts since it forces you to slow down.

Attachment 170878
    Catch All packed.jpg

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    I was inspired after HangCon and came back with an idea for a slug tube with a set of features I haven't seen elsewhere. I reached out to Jared at SLD to put it together. Here was my line of thought:

• add a mesh pocket to the outside/end of the tube for wet straps and stake bag
    • protect the contents of the sack (hammock, quilts) from the pocketed wet straps and stuff with a layer of sil
    • packing away a full sil catch-all sack is like wrestling with a drunk anaconda, so I wondered if the sack itself should be made partly or mostly from mesh

Here's what arrived today:

This is a 10' hybrid sil/mesh catch-all sack with about a 10" mesh pocket all the way around the sil end--a lot like the ridgeline pocket on the SLD tarp skin. The sack itself is about half sil, half mesh. My last catch-all sack was 8' and full silnylon, and packing it away was a little (but only a little) awkward with extra hammock sticking out one end. I figured an extra 2' of mesh wouldn't hurt too bad.

My hammock is hanging at my office, so I won't get a chance to try it out until Monday... but I'll post the results. I expect all of the same stuff from my first post to fit in this sack... PLUS my straps and buckles!

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    I was inspired after HangCon and came back with an idea for a slug tube with a set of features I haven't seen elsewhere. I reached out to Jared at SLD to put it together. Here was my line of thought:

• add a mesh pocket to the outside/end of the tube for wet straps and stake bag
    • protect the contents of the sack (hammock, quilts) from the pocketed wet straps and stuff with a layer of sil
    • packing away a full sil catch-all sack is like wrestling with a drunk anaconda, so I wondered if the sack itself should be made partly or mostly from mesh

Here's what arrived today:

This is a 10' hybrid sil/mesh catch-all sack with about a 10" mesh pocket all the way around the sil end--a lot like the ridgeline pocket on the SLD tarp skin. The sack itself is about half sil, half mesh. My last catch-all sack was 8' and full silnylon, and packing it away was a little (but only a little) awkward with extra hammock sticking out one end. I figured an extra 2' of mesh wouldn't hurt too bad.

My hammock is hanging at my office, so I won't get a chance to try it out until Monday... but I'll post the results. I expect all of the same stuff from my first post to fit in this sack... PLUS my straps and buckles!
    Another win for Jared. I have one of his all mesh tubes and LOVE it. I like your idea of keeping everything together, but for me I like being able to hang the straps well before pulling out the slug in the event of bad weather, but I like your train of thought on it.

Hope it works well for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Dammit.... money all go bye bye

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast