Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Reading through this thread, it appears that a competitor product to the wormies is the fleaz. When I was deciding how to configure my tarp, it seemed to me that the hookworms were more fiddly, which is different than what some of you think. I hooked my fleaz to the beastee-D rings using a continuous loop of Lash-It, which allows me to connect my lines to the stakes and store them separately so it doesn't tangle when putting it in the snakeskin. I've had 50 or so nights with the tarp and zero times that the fleaz became disconnected, if that helps anyone. I personally do two wraps of the line underneath the wing, but that may just be superstitious behavior.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    Dreamhammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Huh. Never tried Hookworms. I use the Tarpworms instead. They are attached to shockcord that stays permanently on my tarp. I have line then that is attached (also permanently) through the hole in the Tarpworm. After use, I wind them up in a circle and tie a few loops at the end through the center of the loop. It's kept things very orderly for me and if I've forgotten my stake bag (one time only! Honest!) then I can use some backup stakes or pieces of wood or even tie them to nearby roots / tree-branches.

I do wonder about hookworms though as with the cordage permanently on the stake, it does help if the stake gets 'sprung' off, it has to be easier to find with a long cord. I suspect winding up the cord on the stake also is super-easy and doesn't require any thought.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12