Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Anything Down
    Suspension
    Good stiff rope
    Images

Video: Three different hammocks on the Tato Stand

I threw a gathered end, bridge, and 90 degree hammock up on the Tato stand. One of them did not do so well.

Check out our Youtube page for some fun hammock videos https://www.youtube.com/c/LloydLiving

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Yikes! Think you got lucky on that 90*, do not hang from the pole like that. Poor Tato will likely be piling taters in his pants when he sees that.

On the plus side that bright orange thingy looked great

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    just use a shorter ridgepole......

I use my Draumr on a turtledog with zero problems

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Just out in the garage where my stand was sitting...

I believe all you need to do is tighten up the webbing at the base of each tripod a bit.

They can tolerate less than maximum base spread in favor of gaining that extra inch or so of height you need.

Course since it's clearly not a backpacking stand a few 2x scraps or even a hunk of 4x4 with some holes drilled into it would make decent spacers to give you a little more height at the base of each leg.

Depends how bad you want to get that 90 to work, but the advantage to those is short tree to tree distance... the exact opposite of what Tato was going for with the 13' ridge pole.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    just use a shorter ridgepole......

I use my Draumr on a turtledog with zero problems
    I don't think that's an option any longer. At one point I think (kickstarter?) there was an option for different ridge poles but as it currently sits it's a one size fits most system and the 13' pole is standard I believe. I think at one point it was 12' or 13' as an upgrade... but other than a 90* hammock I can't imagine it makes any sense for Tato to continue with the two different sizes.

The way the suspension passes through the pole you'd have a hard time modifying it.

I can think of a decent way to choke up on the pole... but I'd rather not share that. One of those if you can figure out how to do it you're probably okay doing it... but if you can't think of it on your own, I probably shouldn't tell you.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    What is the normal distance between the apex points (where side suspension lines come together) on your Townson bridge? The ridge runner's is usually about 13 ft which is the max length of the top tube. Tato says it works fine with a Ridge Runner but it doesn't look like there would be much adjustment - except maybe the height by adjusting the leg spread.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    What is the normal distance between the apex points (where side suspension lines come together) on your Townson bridge? The ridge runner's is usually about 13 ft which is the max length of the top tube. Tato says it works fine with a Ridge Runner but it doesn't look like there would be much adjustment - except maybe the height by adjusting the leg spread.
    11'6" is the average- the ARL lets you go about 4" in either direction. I tell folks shoot for 12' clear and you'll have room for carabiners on either end.
    The trick for me was to get the bridge itself setup the way I wanted it, then lower the legs down to the height I wanted.

I never tried the RR on a Tato so I can't comment much but I'd imagine you'd need to connect right to the dogbones to have a shot at it.

In general- recessed bar bridges have a much smaller tree to tree distance.
    The model in the video is the Luxury (the bigger model for those under 250 lbs).
    For a better direct comparison: The 'Happy Medium' is closer in size to the RR and has a 9'6" average ridgeline size. (10' clear).
    I'm sure you can do better if you tune up the suspension on a RR but the number I've seen is 14' clear.

Here's some pictures of the 'Big Guy' model on the tato stand. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apygyt54yYPwg7g2t8GXjiuu5dEwHg

I agree with Llyod- it's a nice solid stand. I was able to tip it but that was with my kids in there screwing around (swinging them).
    Used properly it's rock solid.

Hammock
    SLD - Trail Lair, 90 degree Gamma
    Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Anything Down
    Suspension
    Good stiff rope
    Images
    I had a ridge runner. They are long when setup correctly. That said, I'm confident it would fit withing the 13' Tato stand. You just need to play with it a little bit.

I could easlily get the 90 degree to work with the Tato by making some simple adjustments. The video was shot while seting up the Tato for the very first time, so I'm actually surprised things worked out as well as they did. I'm very impressed by how well it is made. The parts are all machined nicely. The ridgepole is really cool. I hope they ditch the plastic clips on the legs, as one of them came broken right out of the box, but that is a minor issue.

I think any hammock will work. You just have to play with it. I just hooked up my Tentsile stingray and even it worked. (that's a joke btw)

Evan
    Check out our Youtube page for some fun hammock videos https://www.youtube.com/c/LloydLiving

• + New Posts