UQP from 1.1 calendared

Just a quick note here since I already left a review on the website. I'm pleased with the way my UQP turned out, and I got it done just a week before several of us are headed to SC for a couple of nights. Still playing around with the suspension system to see what's the best way to snug it up. I ordered 4 yards so I could make it longer than some others I've seen. Since my ridgeline is 112 inches, I started with a cut length of 114 inches, intending to make one-inch end channels for the suspension. I ended up making more like 1.5 inch end channels, so the finished length is around 110.5 inches, which is plenty as it turns out. Weight with the thicker shock cord I already had, a couple of 'biners and some cord locks is 7.5 ounces. Couldn't figure out how to put a picture with the review on the website, so I'll toss it in here below.

Cheers.

UQP_1-1_RBTR.JPG

Edited to add thanks to: Jellyfish - your video was invaluable, though I deviated from some of the specifics
    Clisbyclark - for loaning me your 2QZQ UQP so I could see an existing one up close before I made one
    Last edited by sidneyhornblower; 11-24-2018 at 14:08. Reason: added some thank you's
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    Just a quick note here since I already left a review on the website. I'm pleased with the way my UQP turned out, and I got it done just a week before several of us are headed to SC for a couple of nights. Still playing around with the suspension system to see what's the best way to snug it up. I ordered 4 yards so I could make it longer than some others I've seen. Since my ridgeline is 112 inches, I started with a cut length of 114 inches, intending to make one-inch end channels for the suspension. I ended up making more like 1.5 inch end channels, so the finished length is around 110.5 inches, which is plenty as it turns out. Couldn't figure out how to put a picture with the review on the website, so I'll toss it in here below.

Cheers.

UQP_1-1_RBTR.JPG
    Nice work!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Quote Originally Posted by GillyGilligan View Post
    Nice work!!
    Thanks, but I cheated by showing what's probably the only section with halfway straight stitching. Still, it's an underquilt protector; it's SUPPOSED to bunch up.
    Cheers.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    Good work, Sid! Looking forward to seeing it in action soon!

Hammock
    Yukon
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Good work! I've been toying with the idea of making an UQP and this is a good prod to make me do it.

• + New Posts