Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warbonnet Ridgerunner Easily Removable/Adjustable Suspension

Hi guys,

I'm going to be using the Ridgerunner for my full time indoor hang and wanted to know what suspension would be recommended if accessibility/ease of removable/unclipping was a concern (weight is no issue)? The reason I ask is that I often have to wash my hammock (wouln't want the buckles in the water) and unclip it to get it out of the way to make room so constantly redoing the suspension to get the right hang will be a real pain.

I see some enjoy cinches/webbing for ease of on the fly adjustability but it appears to be difficult to remove the buckles quickly. Whereas whoopies are easier to remove as it's just a loop but you sacrifice on ease of adjustability but that could be mitigated with the use of dutch biners/spiders it seems. Ideally, I could clip/unclip the hammock without borking the lay angle previously achieved once put up. Honestly, I have a poor grasp on how the different configurations come together until I have it in hand so any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE UQ / EE TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing / DC
    The buckles hold up pretty well to rain and snow, I'd be surprised if wash water caused you much of a problem. If you're really concerned though and weight/bulk isn't an issue you can use a carabiner to attach the loop of your hammock to a daisy chain strap. That would allow you a fair amount of adjustability with no more trouble than unclipping the carabiner at wash time.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    You could go with beatle buckles from dutch, those come off very easily from the hammock without removing the straps from the wall anchors.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch xenon winter
    Insulation
    Incubator/EE Rev
    Suspension
    Straps/Beetles
    I just bought a WBRR on the black Friday sale and can't yet help with the specifics of this hammock, but I've used both of the methods suggested above to hang (biners to a daisy chain, beetles) and removing a hammock from either is really fast, assuming the RR has some type of loop at the ends to attach to a suspension. You can keep the hardware attached to the straps and let them stay on your wall.

Beetles are best for an amsteel loop like you'd find on a cottage company gathered end as the hardware/hooks are fairly tiny. If the RR is using something larger might not work as well. Would have to have a current owner chime in to confirm. But biners/daisy chain work with all sizes.

I agree that washing titanium is probably NBD but if you're doing it in a machine the racket would be a bit much.

I imagine either way you're removing the spreader bars for washing. That might prove to be the bigger hassle compared to taking it off the suspension. But even that I bet is probably NBD.

Images
    Re: washing, be advised that the 4 metal tabs that connect the suspension triangles to the hammock and have the holes for the spreader bars are not removable. I don't really see this as a problem, just mentioning.

One suspension option you could consider to reduce metal in the wash would be:

1. Remove the apex buckles and continuous loops from each end of the hammock suspension.
    2. Use straps and Dutch Beetle Buckles for your adjustable suspension to the walls.
    3. Since you've removed the hammock apex buckles, you have 2 dog bones with open loops at each end of the hammock. Hook one of these loops over one hook on either side of the Beetle Buckle. Hook the other loop over the hook on the other side of the Beetle Buckle. Do this for both ends of the hammock.

This shortens the overall span a bit by removing the length of the continuous loops at each end. It also takes two pieces of metal out of your wash load for less clanging.

You could do the same trick of removing the apex buckles and continuous loops without using Beetle Buckles. Carabiner and daisy chain webbing, for example, would work as well.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 11-24-2018 at 11:04.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by vicar7 View Post
    . I imagine either way you're removing the spreader bars for washing. That might prove to be the bigger hassle compared to taking it off the suspension. But even that I bet is probably NBD.
    Inserting and removing the spreader bars is not a hassle. Spreader bars are easy to insert and remove. Don’t worry about that.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I’ve taken the apex buckles off the dogbones and just loop the end of the dogbones around the “arms” of the Beetle Buckles. I also have tried daisy chains and Dutchware Mantis and carabiners and daisy chains. Again just attaching the end loops of the dogbones directly. Quick and easy on and off. (I like having my suspension separate from my hammock body.)

See the link below to see pictures of how it works attaching the dogbones end loops directly to Mantis bling. Beetles would be the same. (Look at page 5.). I use the “put the end loop around both arms” technique.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ghlight=Mantis
    Last edited by drsolarmolar; 11-24-2018 at 20:02.

Here is my setup, Dutch biner.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by campnfish View Post
    I like this option. I think it would make changing over to the sock easier.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    "Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for the replies everyone, really helped me picture the setup better. I think the Mantis/Beetle are great options but it's slightly finicky having to repeatedly thread the dogbones on the tabs of the hanger. One option would be to join them with a continuous loop so it's only one point of attachment but that adds further length and still a bit finicky.

Quote Originally Posted by campnfish View Post
    This seems to be the most direct/seamless approach, but can you fit the Dutch biner directly into the opening of the cinch buckles instead through the thread loop? Another user did the same here but with Dutch titanium cinch buckles:

I'm not sure if it will fit in the opening of the RR cinch buckles, but it would cut the length some if needed. Thanks again!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast