Hammock
    WBB1.7 / XLC1.7
    Tarp
    Chinnok 12x14
    Insulation
    Wookie20/Leighlo40
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    These pictures are amazing! I have the international orange xlc wookie. I was wondering how the bushwack looked on the bright oranges and I love it!!

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    I got my new UQP with the optional double zipper system yesterday and naturally started messing with it. Question: When you zip the UQP to the hammock body AND net/top cover do the ends go over the whipping or not? To me that would make the most sense, as you can leave the UQP permanently attached and then just zip open and close one side to put on or remove the Wooki. I might be wrong, but on the pictures that HandyRandy posted it kinda looks like the UQP was secured before the ends of the whipping. I tried that as well yesterday and it was so tight, that I don't even think that there would be any room for the Wooki attachments to go through. So I guess I have the answer already, but am looking for confirmation...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by BoundryWaters View Post
    I got my new UQP with the optional double zipper system yesterday and naturally started messing with it. Question: When you zip the UQP to the hammock body AND net/top cover do the ends go over the whipping or not? To me that would make the most sense, as you can leave the UQP permanently attached and then just zip open and close one side to put on or remove the Wooki. I might be wrong, but on the pictures that HandyRandy posted it kinda looks like the UQP was secured before the ends of the whipping. I tried that as well yesterday and it was so tight, that I don't even think that there would be any room for the Wooki attachments to go through. So I guess I have the answer already, but am looking for confirmation...
    I would try to help, but I’m not sure if I understand. I don’t know how you are attaching the UQP in a way that covers the whipping knobs. You either zip all the zippers together and things fall together naturally or you use the two ribbons at each end to suspend it without the zippers. There is plenty room for an UQ because in my picture above, there is a Scandinavian (-20°F) Wooki UQ between the Eldorado and UQP.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Ok, so I went back at it last night again and was able to get it all attached and zipped up around the “neck” of the whipping instead of all the way over it. I do see now that this is how it belongs, but honestly it was a super finicky process. Maybe it’s just me, I’m still doing something wrong or it needs more practice, but it seemed harder than it probably should be. Definitely nothing I’d like to mess with in freezing temps. But on the flip side it looks beautiful and neat once done. I talked to a buddy of mine who got his new UQP last week and he also said that he had a hard time zipping up the ends, so I’m interested to see what others have to report.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by BoundryWaters View Post
    Ok, so I went back at it last night again and was able to get it all attached and zipped up around the “neck” of the whipping instead of all the way over it. I do see now that this is how it belongs, but honestly it was a super finicky process. Maybe it’s just me, I’m still doing something wrong or it needs more practice, but it seemed harder than it probably should be. Definitely nothing I’d like to mess with in freezing temps. But on the flip side it looks beautiful and neat once done. I talked to a buddy of mine who got his new UQP last week and he also said that he had a hard time zipping up the ends, so I’m interested to see what others have to report.
    What kind of UQ are you using. Now that I think of it, I suppose it’s possible this might conflict with a traditional full length UQ because they typically have a portion by the head and feet that rise above the zipper line.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    I'm using a Wooki, so that can't be it. Especially the foot end with the rubber band going through won't leave much wiggle room. Maybe it just needs a little practice...

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567