Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC, WBRR,Dutch Argon1.6
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips

BB XLC sock system

I currently have a BB XLC rev 2 2018 model with the optional top cover. I plan on getting the underquilt protector so I can attach it to the top cover and thus create a sock system.

My question is the following; can this sock system be used on other 11 foot hammock such as the Chameleon for example?

Images
    Its made for an 11’ body with a 112” rl, ut the top would stretch slightly if the rl was up to 114”, wouldnt put one longer than that in it... not sure what the chameleon rl is

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Its made for an 11’ body with a 112” rl, ut the top would stretch slightly if the rl was up to 114”, wouldnt put one longer than that in it... not sure what the chameleon rl is
    All class sir, I applaud your customer service
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Would just like to add I started using my BBXLCv2 this way with the UQP zippered directly to bugnet or winter cover and its by far my favorite hang. Love the feeling of free hanging inside the sock that's pulled away from you with the shelf and face pullouts and zips in and out as easy as if it was attached to the hammock. No more unzipping to check underquilt position... Ive used the traveler winter sock before but this new combo really is a step up.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    It won't fit pretty much all other 11' hammocks I have bought, seen and used over the years, which includes the Chameleon. Warbonnet hammocks have a fairly long ridgeline in relation to the hammock body, resulting in less sag than most other hammocks (which probably gives them the remarkably flat lay). This means that the XLC sock won't have enough depth.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, WBRR,Dutch Argon1.6
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshift View Post
    Would just like to add I started using my BBXLCv2 this way with the UQP zippered directly to bugnet or winter cover and its by far my favorite hang. Love the feeling of free hanging inside the sock that's pulled away from you with the shelf and face pullouts and zips in and out as easy as if it was attached to the hammock. No more unzipping to check underquilt position... Ive used the traveler winter sock before but this new combo really is a step up.
    Warbonnet really got their system working very well together as a system. I got their wookie also, fiddle free. Just I was thinking about mix and match with the chameleon.
    Last edited by Rick2world; 11-23-2018 at 19:57.

Images
    What is the chameleon rl?

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    110 I believe

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigshift View Post
    I thought I would like this also but what I found was when I zipped the UQP directly to the top cover (or bugnet) it rendered the footbox useless. The hammock sides just flopped inward on me & top quilt worked its way out of the hammock & slid down into the UQP. Same thing up near the entry pullout & shelf (pillow tends to slide out & down). Anyone else experience this??

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdisgrace View Post
    I thought I would like this also but what I found was when I zipped the UQP directly to the top cover (or bugnet) it rendered the footbox useless. The hammock sides just flopped inward on me & top quilt worked its way out of the hammock & slid down into the UQP. Same thing up near the entry pullout & shelf (pillow tends to slide out & down). Anyone else experience this??
    Yes, that is to be expected. The body of the XLC is basically a Traveler XL with zippers; it behaves like any other netless hammock. I, too, like the footbox. As long as the footbox side is zipped on, the hammock has a different feel to it, and stuff cannot go over board. That's why I don't zip the XLC UQP to the Topcover but rather use a normal UQP with shock cords. You can also use the Travel Sock XL over the XLC with the net zipped on, but then you would not be able to stake out the sides. Unfortunately, there's no perfect solution at the moment. Maybe somebody will come up with a mod, but I haven't read anything so far.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast