WB RR
    Tarp
    SLD WH
    Insulation
    MH 0 Bag/LL 0 RR
    Suspension
    STRAPS

WINTER HAVEN w/RIDGE RUNNER - Fit?

Hopefully someone can tell me what I'm failing to do when hanging a RR under my 13' WH, in order to close the doors fully. End to end measurement (apex to apex) on the RR lines is 12' 10" and in spite of a 13' tarp ridgeline I still end up with one apex beyond the tarp's edge making it impossible for me to snap both doors fully closed. Others here with the same combination have stated that they're able to close both doors which leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong,...or at least not in the best way. Thanks for any help that will put me on the right track in this matter.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Member jdeering here would have some good insight. Here is a pic (from SLD flickr album) of his 13' with snaps and a bridge, I think it's a Ridgerunner. Maybe you need this snaps to pull the fabric properly instead of overlapping? Just guessing.

https://flic.kr/p/22CJ37t

I dont have a 13f winter haven but perhaps you have your suspension too tight, if your angle is closer to 15 degrees on the straps for example your apex to apex distance would be longer than a 25 degree hang. Also try and get the apex of the RR close to the top of the tarp, most winter tarps doors get closer to the middle the lower down you go unless your pulling the doors outwards with a stake.

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    SLD WH
    Insulation
    MH 0 Bag/LL 0 RR
    Suspension
    STRAPS
    I really appreciate your suggestion and explanation but am a little confused. Are you saying I should increase the angle of my straps from, say 15 degrees to 25? And the '...lower down you go...' is that referring to how low the RR is to the ground?

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    I would wait on changing your hangle...but I agree with not overlapping the doors if you overlap then currently.

when you set up your tarp, the first guylines to run out should be your doors, and you want them to meet in the center and point outward in a V. the idea it's to limit your placement of all of the other stakes so you can maintain that V... this should keep the doors from angling in underneath your hammock, which will help the wind and snow to blow around it instead of under?

I posted a photo early last winter that shows the clear patch of ground under my doors after it snowed

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    SLD WH
    Insulation
    MH 0 Bag/LL 0 RR
    Suspension
    STRAPS
    Still looking for any additional suggestions/input,...please.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    none of that is helping? Why don't you set up, and take a series of photos, so we can see what's going on?

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    here's how I set up my doors on my WL OldManWinter. Note that they're designed to close this way, but, my WL Bulldog was not, and I learned early that this was the best way for that tarp, because it directs the wind and snow around, rather than under. (notice that the bare dirt patch matches exactly the footprint of the tarp)

For you, though, it sounds like the inward slope of the closed doors is intersecting with the end of your hammock, hence these suggestions.

The only other options are to lower your tarp ridge-line until the hammocks ends no longer intersect with the doors, or get a longer tarp, or a shorter hammock.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts