Images

Spindrift zipper mod... done!

So I love my spindrift but I was not crazy about how it installed. Like others , I felt if it had zippers/Velcro on each end it would be way more versatile. After an unsuccessful attempt to get my local seamstress or industry folks to add zippers I decided to do it myself. Disclaimer: I have never sewed anything before so please don’t look at my sewing job. I just wanted to see if it would work as good as I thought it would. So I ordered two double zippers from Dutch , borrowed a sewing machine and some basic instructions ... and cut up my new spindrift!

What I’d did was add a zipper between the holes on each end that the suspension runs out through. The zippers go all the way to the holes thus opening the spindrift so you can pass the entire rigged suspension through it . Total game changer!! Not only can I now install my spindrift without taking my suspension apart . I can just unhook one side from the tree and slide in on with little effort , in the field. Even better , I can leave the spindrift on my hammock in the Bishop bag (already threaded on the suspension). That way if I need it I just pull it out and over my setup hammock. Brilliance! I will try to get some decent pics up later today. Again , no hacking on my sewing skills. I emplore Warbonnet to start offering this mod. It is awesome. FYI, it was a pain in the butt to do on a completed spindrift( or at least it was with my rudimentary sewing skills). Would be a simple thing for Warbonnet to do when actually building it. I was hoping my experiment might convince them to offer this in the future . Sorry about the upside down pic. Still learning this system.
    A11CD1BC-7378-4D65-B0CD-573D7BC7DB00.jpg
    Head end
    Last edited by Browning; 11-20-2018 at 15:16.

Images
    Btw, if Warbonnet ever offers this as a factory option I will be the first person to buy one .

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Btw, if Warbonnet ever offers this as a factory option I will be the first person to buy one .
    Pull out your credit card... if you check the new updates on their site you can get it made that way. The spreader bars also go on the outside for easier set up. Double doors are now standard as well. Happy shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skyymallcorn View Post
    Pull out your credit card... if you check the new updates on their site you can get it made that way. The spreader bars also go on the outside for easier set up. Double doors are now standard as well. Happy shopping!

The zipper mod currently offered by warbonnet does not do the same thing as Brownings AFAIK. It just allows you to insert a pad, not pull the entire sock onto the hammock while its already deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshift View Post
    The zipper mod currently offered by warbonnet does not do the same thing as Brownings AFAIK. It just allows you to insert a pad, not pull the entire sock onto the hammock while its already deployed.
    Ahhh didn’t catch that in the pic.

Images
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]170258[/ATTACH
    Foot end
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images

Images
    5F2AE6E6-15AD-4266-BEB1-7D654DE80C43.jpeg
    For anyone doing this I suggest u leave a fairly long overhang on ur zippers. It makes it easier to get the zipper started. Learned this by accident

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx
    This is a great idea!
    Well done.

• + New Posts