Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Thunderf
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Buckle and Straps
    Well said. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    I just wanted to give a general thank you to this community for everything unique that it is. I have only been part of the hammocking world for a year now and have experienced a sense of camaraderie and friendship that is second to none. Before leaving to attend a group event by myself, my wife asked me if I was nervous camping around all those strangers. After attending her first group hang last month, she said "now I understand why you enjoy this so much." To all of you who have crossed my path, thank you and Happy Thanksgiving. You have all enriched my family's lives.
    -Adam
    I had only been learning to hammock camp for under a year, and doing it strictly on my own, with wonderful, friendly, informative advice from the fantastic members on Hammock Forum. I happened to see a hang advertised in the Trip Planning forum for a hang and hike along a section of the Colorado Trail. I had never met any of the folks going, but from the tone of the Forum, I had absolutely no qualms about joining the group. It could not have been a better experience!! Still friends with several of the guys, unfortunately I have lost track of some of the others, due to some extended health problems (4 years of it), which I seem to have beaten. Getting back into the whole scene with a vengeance. In my neck of the woods, and especially in my age bracket , I am looked at as some kind of camping pariah! I would love to find a hammock camping buddy to go play with on this side of the Hill. Even at that, I would never hesitate to join a group hang advertised on this Forum, male and female alike, without any second thoughts of any kind, and know that I would be warmly accepted, no matter what my experience or type of gear! Happy Thanksgiving to all my "ham hockers!!"
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12