Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hennessy
    Images

Greetings from Tennessee

Happy Thanksgiving, all.
    This is the first forum I’ve ever been on. My wife and I moved from West Tennessee to East Tennessee, specifically Chattanooga, in June. It is beautiful here, lots of trails, water falls, and camping spots. I love to get out and do some hiking and I just got a Hennessy hammock. I am looking forward to getting out in the boonies and trying it out. With the weather the way it is right now I need to get an under quilt!!!
    I am also looking forward to learning some tips and tricks from the experienced folks on the forum here.
    Thanks for having me.

Welcome. I lived in Turtletown for some years and still have a house there. I totally agree you are in a great area for access to the outdoors. I also agree on need for not only UQ but a TQ as well.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Welcome from South Jersey! Be prepared to spend most of your Thanksgiving weekend reading the forums and absorbing mind blowing amounts of cool information. If all goes well you should be back in the real world by New Years! lol

Make sure you check our the Hangouts, Campouts and Trip Planning links and attend a couple group events in your area. If you get a wild hair, you're welcome to join us up here in the Pine Barrens!!

Happy hangin'

-Adam

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker Bob View Post
    Welcome. I lived in Turtletown for some years and still have a house there. I totally agree you are in a great area for access to the outdoors. I also agree on need for not only UQ but a TQ as well.
    Thanks, Biker Bob. I just got the hammock so I have a long way to go on all the ‘accessories’

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    Welcome from South Jersey! Be prepared to spend most of your Thanksgiving weekend reading the forums and absorbing mind blowing amounts of cool information. If all goes well you should be back in the real world by New Years! lol

Make sure you check our the Hangouts, Campouts and Trip Planning links and attend a couple group events in your area. If you get a wild hair, you're welcome to join us up here in the Pine Barrens!!

Happy hangin'

-Adam
    Thanks, Adam. Looking forward to it!

Hammock
    Dutch Argon woodland camo
    Tarp
    DIY woodcamo 11x10
    Insulation
    Jarbidge UQ, HG 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie / cinch
    I'm from West Tennessee originally and now live in Middle Tennessee. 2 of my 3 kids are in school in Chattanooga area so I try to get some camping in when I go visit them. Lots of good trails nearby. Check out the Cumberland Trail - lots of sections that have not become overly populated yet. Forum member TiedUp has good posts / videos of the CT.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And welcome to the forums from just south of you. You're definitely in a good area for hiking and camping.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Senior Member StrungUpNewfoundlander's Avatar
    Hammock
    LSOH Warrior XL
    Tarp
    LSOH FireFly
    Insulation
    LSOH Toaster
    Suspension
    Whoopie Dutch Bits
    Images
    Welcome aboard.
    Best Kind

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MammockHammock View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving, all.
    This is the first forum I’ve ever been on. My wife and I moved from West Tennessee to East Tennessee, specifically Chattanooga, in June. It is beautiful here, lots of trails, water falls, and camping spots. I love to get out and do some hiking and I just got a Hennessy hammock. I am looking forward to getting out in the boonies and trying it out. With the weather the way it is right now I need to get an under quilt!!!
    I am also looking forward to learning some tips and tricks from the experienced folks on the forum here.
    Thanks for having me.
    There are a quite a few Chattanooga folks here.

Chattanooga is great because it is close to so many trails.

Cloudland Canyon (BackCountry Trail) and Fall Creek Falls (Lower Loop - Overnight Trail) are great places to hammock camp. Very scenic in the fall.

Also the AT (and many other trail heads) are only about 2 hours away.

You will also find videos here from DustinBSN and Handyman (Signal Mountain to Prentice Cooper)

Last edited by Vanhalo; 11-20-2018 at 17:38.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome from Nashville. Agreed, Chattanooga is a GREAT location for a backpacker, ... caver, kayaker, etc. I often backpack in the area. You are welcome to check out our Meetup.com group (link below in my signature line) as we post trips convenient to you monthly.

I need an UQ even in the middle of summer ... especially at any higher elevation, but low ones too.
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast