Thread: PNW Native

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    TQ-GoLite UQ-Loco

PNW Native

I should probably introduce myself. I live in Vancouver (not BC), Washington (not DC). I do a lot of backpacking with a Boy Scout troop. We have been to many area of Washington and Oregon. There are several in our troop that have stated hammock camping. I have been planning and researching hammocks for a few years and finally pulled the trigger this summer. I have been enjoying to comfort and tinkering ever since.

I do a lot of camping in the wet season (winter here), there is nothing quite like being out when it's raining and in the mid 30's to get you cold.

I am also a certified LNT trainer working my way to getting my Master Educator certificate in a few years.

See you down the trail.

Alan

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Welcome to the club from a fellow PWN'er. Great forum here filled with so many kind folks to assist you along your journey should any questions come up. I am also a 4 season camper and love seeking refuge in the hammock listing to the relentless rain BEAT down on my tarps.

What does being a LNT trainer entail? What are your top 3 most important points/lessons?
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

• + New Posts