Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    Curious to see what length pole ends up working for you. I think I read somewhere that Brandon has gone to using a less pronounced cat cut on the Superfly...maybe they need to change the length of the center pole offered to accommodate for the slightly wider measurement across the middle of the tarp now ( due to less material being removed for the cat cut)?

Also, a favor to ask...could you possibly post a couple photos of the center pole pockets, from both the inside and outside, that shows the detail of how they are made? Also curious how the tie out is added to the pocket? I was going to send my my tarp back to Brandon to sew the pockets on, but now thinking about just sewing on my own pockets, and buying the pole and shock cord from him. Anyway, he confirmed what the placement should be for the pockets if I make them myself, but a couple photos would be helpful so I don’t screw this up!
    Thanks
    Last edited by 100 Ton; 01-23-2019 at 08:39.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 Ton View Post
    Curious to see what length pole ends up working for you. I think read somewhere that Brandon has gone to a less pronounced cat cut on the Superfly...may they need to change the length of the center pole offered to accommodate for the slightly wider measurement now ( due to less material being removed for the cat cut)?

Also, a favor to ask...could you possibly post a couple photos of the center pole pockets, from both the inside and outside, that shows the detail of how they are made, include ping how the tie out is added to the pocket? I was going to send my my tarp back to Brandon to sew the pockets on, but now thinking about just sewing on my own pockets, and buying the pole and shock cord from him. Anyway, he confirmed what the placement should be for the pockets if I make them myself, but a couple photos would be helpful so I don’t screw this up!
    Thanks
    I still would love to have this thread moved to the correct forum, I feel bad my original mistake cannot be corrected.

Anyway, I am totally satisfied with the blue Cloudburst poles I swapped for. These are the longest ones WB provides and they perfectly worked with my Superfly. YMMV.

Sure, I can take a few pictures. I'll try to do so at the end of the day after work.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Sorry for the delay, here are the photos.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    Just Tom...thank you very much for the pictures of the pole pockets!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I have two twelve foot Hex tarps i made using XL Wide Silpoly. I added DIY pole pockets that are similar to and installed like the 2QZQ pockets.

The pole is 110" and in seven short sections. When I made the tarps I sewed a length of light ribbon into the standing ridge seam to tie the pole in place. I don't think there is more than an inch and a half between the pole and the tarp at the ribbon.

Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    I have two twelve foot Hex tarps i made using XL Wide Silpoly. I added DIY pole pockets that are similar to and installed like the 2QZQ pockets.

The pole is 110" and in seven short sections. When I made the tarps I sewed a length of light ribbon into the standing ridge seam to tie the pole in place. I don't think there is more than an inch and a half between the pole and the tarp at the ribbon.

That’s a great looking tarp, very nice job! Have you by chance measured the actual width of the tarp between the center ties outs/pole pockets? Just wondering what that measurement is compared to the length of the pole?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123