DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies

HG UL Burrow Quilt 30 Deg, 7D fabric

Hammock Gear Burrow Quilt. Custom made from Titanium Goats $$$$$7D fabric$$$$$ from a few years ago (very water resistant). Color is black, fill is 950 down (stored uncompressed), button snaps for foot box and cord closure at bottom. Opens up into a blanket for warm weather, measurements are 52″ wide and 77″ long. The weight is 16.2 oz, Temp rating is 30 degrees, Im 6 foot and fit me perfectly. Includes the original stuff sack. Used approximately 15 nights. It is clean/like new with no weird smells, but has never been washed so you make the call if you want to wash it. I wear long johns to sleep in so no skin contact or dirt. Price $265 shipped in the In the US.
    IMG_1096.jpgIMG_1093.jpgIMG_1094.jpgIMG_1095.jpg

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Is item still available? If so you may want to bump it at least once every week. Items that are inactive are subject to being removed from the Market Place area, it allows members to know you are still interested and it will keep the moderators from "pinging" you! (Bumps mean to respond in the post)

If you are finished with your thread, please follow the links in my signature for instructions on how to close/move your thread.

If you are going out of town or have limited/no forum access, please close your thread before you leave. It saves frustrations when members post questions but do not get responses.

Thanks for your help
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    weekly Bump, dkurfiiss made me do it!

Pardon my ignorance but what is Titanium Goats 7D fabric- never heard of this? HF link? Also being "(very water resistant)"- did you have any condensation issues or problems airing the quilt out after several nites use ? was the same material used inside as outside? thanks...

FWIW, I also had a HG Burrow made from this shell fabric, both inside and out. What I noticed, is that it had a softer hand, or skin feel, than any of my quilt shells that used 1.1 nylon. The material proved to be very down proof with my 900 fill that I ordered. I can't remember a single feather poking through the shell. In my experience, the DWR was OK. It beaded up initially, but wetted out when quilt was pressing against a moist rain fly, just like any fabric would do (I think). The fabric is plenty breathable, I did not have condensation issues with the quilt.

This fabric was made available before many of Dutch's fabric offerings, and before RSBTR had much selection of UL fabric for sale. My quilt was from over 4 years ago. High quality, but limited color choice, compared to what is being offered today. It was only available in black. Overall recommended

EDIT: Here is the link to the 7D fabric page.
    Last edited by dblhmmck; 11-25-2018 at 19:38.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for the explanation dblhmmck. dblhmmcks description is spot on. 7D fabric is still in my opinion superior to most offerings out there and super soft and cozy. I never had a problem in my hammock with the 7D wetting out, but in a hammock your not pushing up against a shelter wall either. Price drop to $250. Shipped in the CONUS

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    @krshome I am 5'9" would it be too long for me?
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Is item still available? If so you may want to bump it at least once every week. Items that are inactive are subject to being removed from the Market Place area, it allows members to know you are still interested and it will keep the moderators from "pinging" you! (Bumps mean to respond in the post)

If you are finished with your thread, please follow the links in my signature for instructions on how to close/move your thread.

If you are going out of town or have limited/no forum access, please close your thread before you leave. It saves frustrations when members post questions but do not get responses.

Thanks for your help
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I have removed a number of posts from this thread. If you wish to discuss attributes of a specific fabric, please feel free to do that outside of the FS area. Please stay on topic of selling this item..

I have also closed this thread due to lack of response from the OP
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

• + New Posts