11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug

MD > Marsden Tract - Feb 8-10, 2019 - 4th Annual Capital Chili Butt Hang

This is the official planning page for the 2019 Capital Chili Butt Hang at Marsden Tract campsite in Potomac, Maryland.

--Google Spreadsheet--
    (The spreadsheet will calculate how much each person attending will owe me to cover the cost of the campsite. Each new hanger added to # in your party will lower the cost to each.)

>Here is a partial listing of general rules and regulations for use of the Marsden Tract Group Campground. A more complete listing of park rules and regulations is available.<

-NO VEHICULAR traffic is allowed on the towpath and access to the campsites is by FOOT or BICYCLE ONLY. I will have a wagon to bring in gear from the cars if needed. Overnight parking is permitted ONLY at the Carderock Recreation Area (1.2 mile walk), or the parking lot across from Angler’s Inn (1 mile walk). There is a footbridge that connects MacArthur Blvd (near the intersection of MacArthur and Brickyard Rd) to the towpath. This is the quickest, and easiest (only a quarter mile) way to get your gear to/from the site. Once you have unloaded your gear, please park in one of the aforementioned parking areas.

-Potable water is a short walk up the towpath and across the footbridge (may not be available during cold winter months) Plan to bring at least a gallon jug of water for yourself.

-Fires are permitted ONLY in established fire rings. Please ensure that your fire is extinguished completely each time you leave the area. The cutting or defacing of any live growth is strictly prohibited. ONLY fallen dead timber may be used for on-site firewood. Park Rangers reserve the right to ban ALL fires during periods of drought.

-Groups may arrive at the designated site starting at 12:00 P.M. (Noon)
    Groups MUST be out of the designated site by 10:00 A.M. on the day of departure.

-Please observe quiet hours between 10:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M.

-Alcoholic beverages are PROHIBITED. So we’ll head to a local bar for burgers and beer on Saturday for lunch!

-The park is a "Trash Free Park" and trashcans are not provided. Trash must be picked up and the area left in a clean condition before the group departs.

-Swimming and/or wading in the Potomac River or the C&O Canal is extremely dangerous and prohibited by law.

I will add more details to this post as they develop.

See ya there!
    Last edited by Uphill; 11-12-2018 at 08:39.

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    New this year! I will be cooking up some dutch oven chili on Friday night for dinner.

Saturday Breakfast will be communal, so please plan to bring something to share.

Sticking with tradition, we will head over to Hunter's Bar and Grill in Potomac, MD for dinner and drinks on Saturday evening. The bar is located less than 10 minutes from the campsite. We will try to get over there to catch their Saturday Special, 1/2 PRICE – Burgers. ½ Priced Bloody Marys & Margaritas. All Draft Beer Reduced. 11:30 til 4PM

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    I was psyched to hear about this hang while at Nova this weekend and even more psyched to see that we have no conflicts that weekend!
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

I am planning to be there this year. I will check with Jake and Jordan. Sadly doesn't look like JMU will be in the championship game this year. So we will have to watch something else.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I am planning to be there this year. I will check with Jake and Jordan. Sadly doesn't look like JMU will be in the championship game this year. So we will have to watch something else.
    Maybe there will be a Bead Grylls marathon so we can all learn how to survive in the wilderness with a camera crew filming us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Ridge Runner, Hennessy
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin, ridgr
    Suspension
    Whooppees
    Ok, I am tentatively in for this. I will add my name to the spreadsheet when I can confirm my attendance.

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    Weekly Bump.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    Hey folks, it’s Humpty Bumpty!

Images
    Hello, Gentlemen:
    I've done some bikepacking along the C&O, mostly up near Point of Rocks and Harper's Ferry. I have never been down to Marsden. I'd like to get in on this event.

-joe

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by jf9499 View Post
    Hello, Gentlemen:
    I've done some bikepacking along the C&O, mostly up near Point of Rocks and Harper's Ferry. I have never been down to Marsden. I'd like to get in on this event.

-joe
    Come on down!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast