Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by kwpapke View Post
    We tip only the boat drivers for our shuttle, as we normally hire them to take us to a dropoff point that cuts out 1/2 day of paddling to get closer to the interesting stuff.
    Thanks! I don't think we will be getting a tow. I think we are going to start at Lake One and make our way to Insula Lake.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    CC Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Sheltowee
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Well I’ve hit a snag in my trip to the boundary waters as all the folks that wanted to go with me have all backed out. So it looks like I’m going solo. I’m picking up my new kayak this weekend and that will give me a much better idea on how much portaging etc is want to do. I have old injuries in my back and neck so any portage of distance will be difficult if not impossible especially solo.

I was hoping for Hegman, but I might just have to take a second trip I guess. Darn oh well. Back to the drawing board. Otherwise I’ve gotten most of the gear I need. But I’ll also probably due to going solo only do a weekend instead of a five to seven day trip now too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Each of us has an Up North. It's a time and a place far from the here and now. It's a map on the wall, a dream in the making, a tugging at one's soul. For those who feel the tug, who make the dream happen, who put the map in the packsack and go, the world is never quite the same." Sam Cook, Up North 1986

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyphaze View Post
    Well I’ve hit a snag in my trip to the boundary waters as all the folks that wanted to go with me have all backed out. So it looks like I’m going solo. I’m picking up my new kayak this weekend and that will give me a much better idea on how much portaging etc is want to do. I have old injuries in my back and neck so any portage of distance will be difficult if not impossible especially solo.

I was hoping for Hegman, but I might just have to take a second trip I guess. Darn oh well. Back to the drawing board. Otherwise I’ve gotten most of the gear I need. But I’ll also probably due to going solo only do a weekend instead of a five to seven day trip now too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ah yes the grim back out. Very sorry. Yea that portage between Trease Lake and Angleworm is brutal, long and has one area that's always a sloggy muddy mess. Something else I might suggest for a nice long weekend and easy test of the waters is to go in at Sawbill Outfitters on Sawbill Lake and do the short loop in some fashion of Sawbill, Kelso, and Alton. There are some really nice campsites up on Kelso and it feels fairly remote for being so close to a put in. There's only three short portages between 10 and 30 rods if I remembering right.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    CC Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Sheltowee
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Well through trail magic or fate or maybe a bit of both I have found someone who is as excited about doing some camping as I am and she just purchased a Kayak. So my trip is back on and only three weeks away. Looking back at Hegman the first weekend of october. I believe the permit period stops after Oct 1 so I will have to check that.
    "Each of us has an Up North. It's a time and a place far from the here and now. It's a map on the wall, a dream in the making, a tugging at one's soul. For those who feel the tug, who make the dream happen, who put the map in the packsack and go, the world is never quite the same." Sam Cook, Up North 1986

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyphaze View Post
    Well through trail magic or fate or maybe a bit of both I have found someone who is as excited about doing some camping as I am and she just purchased a Kayak. So my trip is back on and only three weeks away. Looking back at Hegman the first weekend of october. I believe the permit period stops after Oct 1 so I will have to check that.
    Correct it's all self permit after September 30th.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair 1.2 Robic
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla 12ft
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Went solo this summer over Labor Day in at Seagull outfitters and portaged to Alpine, what a great trip it was! Feel free to message me if you have any questions about a solo trip, it was also my first time up there so I learned a LOT being by myself.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123