Video: Hike in Costa Brava, Spain | Day 5 - Colera, Llançà, Selva de Mar

In today's video we are sharing with you Day 4 of our Great Mediterranean Coast Hike where we walked through Colera, Llançà and Selva de Mar in Costa Brava.

We started our day feeling very refreshed and energized after having a nice rest at the camping Sant Miquel in Colera, Spain. We had a plan to make 15 kms to the town Selva de mar further down the coast and hoped that the relief and the weather will work in our favor. When we were leaving Colera for the first time during this hike we felt the piece of our heart was left in this place. It seemed so cosy and home-like to us and we were definetely considering going back here to stay for several days when we finish the hike. So we said goodbye to this beautiful place and started to climb up the first hill for the day. As always we were determined to go as close to the coastline as possible and go over every cliff. And so after the first hill we came down to the beach Playa de Garbet. There it was so tempting to get in the water that we almost decided to jump into it but then we realized that the shower on that beach didn't work. And hiking all day long with salty shoulders didn't seem a good idea so we had to surrender to this fact and continue hiking. During the next several kms we met plenty of stunning little beaches scattered along the cliffs that looked like a great place to chill out. But we were happy just enjoying the beautiful views and breathing the fresh salty air. The sun however was really getting at us burning our skin and striking our heads. So we were hiding and searching for the shadow all the time. Then we entered the town of Llanca where we had to do a little break in the shadow of the park. It was the best decision cause this way we could wait for the heat to come down and continue hiking in the more comfortable conditions. The sky started to cover in clouds and it saved our day. The last 7 kms we were walking on a really nice pavement route made out of rocks and it was just a perfect idyllic route for taking a peaceful walk that was connecting the town of Llanca to Selva de Mar. On the way we met a beautiful lighthouse Far de s´Aranella as well as lots of great views over Cap de Creus that was the final destination of our hike. So in a very peaceful mood but a bit tired from the heat we got to the outskirts of La Selva de Mar...

Hope you enjoyed our video! Leave us a comment if you have any further questions left or just want to share your experience. We would love to read your feedback - it is very important to us!

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I love the coast of Spain. My wife & I had a wonderful vacation at Playa de San Juan, Costa Blanca near Alicante. The most beautiful beach I've ever seen (and I'm a Floridian). Thanks for posting!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I love the coast of Spain. My wife & I had a wonderful vacation at Playa de San Juan, Costa Blanca near Alicante. The most beautiful beach I've ever seen (and I'm a Floridian). Thanks for posting!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your feedback! The beaches in Spain are amazing, that's so true. Hope you will enjoy our future videos as well!

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    BMJ Spinn.& DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Wow, Beautiful scenery and coastline hiking! Different and very nice, looking forward to the next video. Thank you for the excellent video editing and good luck in the next adventure!

Wow, what a great place to hike in. Such a beautiful country too! My daughter did the 550 mile Camino last year and liked it so much, went back again this past summer solo to do another section.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBee View Post
    Wow, Beautiful scenery and coastline hiking! Different and very nice, looking forward to the next video. Thank you for the excellent video editing and good luck in the next adventure!
    Thank you so much for your kind feedback! The last two videos in the series is out now. This is Day 6 https://youtu.be/8aS39RcFCmA and Day 7 https://youtu.be/12FNJgHo7RY Hope you will enjoy watching them too!

Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Wow, what a great place to hike in. Such a beautiful country too! My daughter did the 550 mile Camino last year and liked it so much, went back again this past summer solo to do another section.
    Thank you, it truly is a wondeful hiking trail. Camino de Santiago is also great, we did the Camino del Norte and it was wondeful, we will be posting it later this year.

Hope you will enjoy our other episodes too. The last two videos in the series is out now. This is Day 6 https://youtu.be/8aS39RcFCmA and Day 7 https://youtu.be/12FNJgHo7RY

Wonderful place and scenery there! I like your series of vids

• + New Posts