Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for sharing Rex, I didn't even know that was on the bag! My scale must be off, because it has the weight written as 13.60oz

Website shows yours rated at 14.13, maybe this spec chart doesn't go off of 10D/7D fabrics. Because both our storage sacks have weights written that are lower than the specs shown online (yours rated at 14.13, storage sack shows 14.05//mine rated at 13.85, sack shows 13.60)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey4496 View Post
    Thanks for sharing Rex, I didn't even know that was on the bag! My scale must be off, because it has the weight written as 13.60oz
    That’s really close to spec, so you know they put enough down in it. I would try to distribute the down as evenly as you can then leave spread out for a day, see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think I figured out why the weight is so close to spec and yet the baffle appears empty....

Spec dimensions with quilt open and laid flat: 78"Length/58" Head width/42" Foot Width
    My actual dimensions: 80.25" Length/ 59" Head width / 44.5" Foot width

So its a little bigger. Assuming it has the correct fill weight, the extra volume of the baffles allows the down to spread out more than intended, which results in a slightly lessened loft. If the down were dispersed perfectly even the loft would take a small hit from the intended 1.5", and when its not spread exactly even you end up with a small dead/empty zone. Exactly what seems to be the case here, because the dead spots are about ~5" and the extra dimensions account for 4" Sq inches....

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey4496 View Post
    I think I figured out why the weight is so close to spec and yet the baffle appears empty....

Spec dimensions with quilt open and laid flat: 78"Length/58" Head width/42" Foot Width
    My actual dimensions: 80.25" Length/ 59" Head width / 44.5" Foot width

So its a little bigger. Assuming it has the correct fill weight, the extra volume of the baffles allows the down to spread out more than intended, which results in a slightly lessened loft. If the down were dispersed perfectly even the loft would take a small hit from the intended 1.5", and when its not spread exactly even you end up with a small dead/empty zone. Exactly what seems to be the case here, because the dead spots are about ~5" and the extra dimensions account for 4" Sq inches....
    Wow, I would send it back and either exchange or have them add more down. I have had good luck with their customer service. I bought a Rev that had the footbox snap installed wrong and they gave me a refund without the 30% restock fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You might try putting it in the dryer at no heat with a couple tennis balls for 10 min

For a Rev H.E. 950 40* Reg XWide, 10D out, 7D in, EE's site shows a weight of 13.40 oz. So you're close there.

Like mentioned above, I would try to distribute the down more evenly.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12