Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Hang Tight/ SLD TW
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Yes, these quilts are essentially just the Costco down throws that have been modified. However, the quality of the stitching and the overall design transcend a typical DIY project and provide value to an effective finished product. Steve is easy to to do business with and provides excellent customer service. His product is popular enough that he sells out of stock regularly. From what I currently understand (as of 3/2021), there are supply line issues that he has been working through.

It took 15 days from when I placed my order until they arrived. I ordered a 20 degree set in teal and couldn't be happier with they way they turned out. The suspension sits perfectly with the pack clips on my Chameleon, and at 5'10"/ 175, I am able to have full coverage from the UQ on a diagonal lay. The TQ has a roomy footbox enough width to tuck under my shoulders. The lowest temps I have slept in since getting these quilts was 23f. I slept in a Merino base layer top and bottoms with thick wool socks and a fleece toque with a buff. I was comfortable, if not absolutely cozy, and the quilts retained their warmth while nature called in the early morning hours making them welcoming to crawl back into. The next night in these quilts had a low of around 29 degrees with some serious wind. I didn't want to mess around so I added an UQ protector to the kit and felt the noticeable addition of warmth it provided. Given that the quilts are filled with 700 power duck down with a second layer added to the 20 degree set, there is chance that wind can rob your warmth from underneath. I would suggest a UQP as part of this set up just to be sure. The TQ's foot box perfectly nestled a Jacks R Better fleece TQ liner/ summer blanket in case you would need an additional layer.

I have spent a total of 5 nights in these quilts so far. I have packed them, sans stuff sack, in both my 60L bag and into a bike pannier. They compress well and are quick to regain their shape and loft with a little shaking. The UQ weighs in at 24.3 ounces and the TQ comes in at 24.5 ounces making them slightly heavier than a more expensive, higher fill power set rated to 20f. However, they only cost a fraction of the price and that markup for the finished product from the raw material is made up for in craftsmanship and convenience of not spending hours sourcing materials and labored over a sewing machine.

I may, one day, get a set of Hammock Gear or Loco Libre quilts that might change my mind on my overall first impressions of Hang Tight's quality and performance. I may also discover that, over time, the quality begins to fade. For now, I just wanted to convey that Hang Tight can be trusted to deliver the goods at an affordable price and all new hangers should give a thought to them as a viable option.

Hammock
    12' w/ zippered bugnet
    Tarp
    quiet ones
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    beetles, wasps
    I just ordered a newer 800fp quilt from hangtight. My sewing is not up to par, and this seemed a viable option for a beater 30F ish degree top quilt. his etsy shop has been mentioned on reddit a few times for beginners.

I still don’t have a top quilt with foot box, so this seemed very attractive to get out camping quickly. it’ll become my partners or my loaner for friends if I eventually end up with another HG as a top quilt.

this model has a dotted mylar type inside material. it’s a little noisy, but warm at 50 degrees. a touch narrow at 50” w, but at 76” L just long enough to cover my forehead. his sewing modification is well done.
    Last edited by cosmonaut; 05-08-2023 at 18:16.

Etsy can be more efficient than a website

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    No offense meant, but if you can't figure out how to create a website, I'm not buying anything from you.
    If you're referring to individuals who sell on Etsy, it may be that they do a better business on Etsy than they would with a standalone site. With a standalone site, you have to figure out how to show up in search results in order to get business. With Etsy, you're already on a site that millions trust where buyers have some protections. It is a great way to start a new business because willing buyers go there to look for products.

The more positive reviews you have, the better placement Etsy provides your "shop" when people search for products you sell.

Your listings show up in Google searches, too.

I've done considerable work on search engine optimization and built over a dozen websites. If I was going to begin a cottage business, I would do it on Etsy. The time and effort to rank on Google is a barrier to entry that is minimized when you open an Etsy shop.

Just another perspective . . .

Hammock
    one wind 11' wide
    Tarp
    one wind 12'
    Insulation
    SLD, UGQ, LL, JRB
    Suspension
    UCR
    Nicely written.

"Sent w/o me knowing"

• + New Posts