Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY 1.6 hyper D 11’
    Tarp
    12x10 diy hottent
    Insulation
    1.6hyperd quilts
    Im in again this year I had a blast last year and looking forward to seeing everyone. ohh buddy we had -22 this morning in Waters but was an awesome night with the moon and this morning the suns beautiful. I had a Dr appt in Dec and just happened to pull up beside Dogger at the gas station in waters and was like **** I know that guy and as I came out after paying for gas and passed him carrying a cast iron fry pan it clicked lol that was cool I was going to walk out for the day that weekend but the hunting was to good close to home. if I could get somebody to add me to list I would be grateful im not real computer savvy. plan on bringing blackberry and raspberry oatmeal bars again and some other snacks. not to far off getting excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverine45 View Post
    Im in again this year I had a blast last year and looking forward to seeing everyone. ohh buddy we had -22 this morning in Waters but was an awesome night with the moon and this morning the suns beautiful. I had a Dr appt in Dec and just happened to pull up beside Dogger at the gas station in waters and was like **** I know that guy and as I came out after paying for gas and passed him carrying a cast iron fry pan it clicked lol that was cool I was going to walk out for the day that weekend but the hunting was to good close to home. if I could get somebody to add me to list I would be grateful im not real computer savvy. plan on bringing blackberry and raspberry oatmeal bars again and some other snacks. not to far off getting excited.
    I'll add you to the list and glad you can make it up again there this year. A few of us were at GT a couple weeks ago with Dogger and he told us the story of running into you. It's a small world!

Looks like the cold weather/snow season is upon us. Can't wait to get up to GT in 5 weeks. See you in camp!

Hammock
    dream hammock
    Tarp
    Ugq
    Insulation
    Wilderness logics
    Suspension
    Dutch ware
    Images
    I think im going to be a maybe, depending on work schedule.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images

I spent last weekend up here for a test down to -16°. That was cold!! Slept great though...two thumbs up for my Hammockgear 0° quilts. I never get cold when pushing them past the limit.

The snow was just amazing, glued to everything in sight. There's about 18" right now. The creek is really starting to freeze over but offers a few spots for easy water. The river is flowing but hard to reach due to the snow and ice.

Here's a quick report to get you motivated...approaching 3 weeks away!

Pre-Annual Green Timbers Hang (Vanderbilt, MI) -16° record!

Hammock
    DIY Double layer
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    Dogger TQ/ DIY UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Images
    Looking forward to it. I need to make some time to get the hot tent finished!

We are 21 days away from the 5th Annual Green Timbers Big Tree Hang in the snowy Pigeon River State Forest. I've always had an interest in history and I've been doing some research on GT and the original owner and builder of the retreat, Don McClouth (1901-1954), who was the owner of McClouth Steel. The DNR has shared some images with me of the retreat back when it was in its prime. I'll be posting more images in the next couple weeks, but here's a great one of the former lower cabin (RIP) with our group a few years ago. Don't forget to post on the spreadsheet if you're coming.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    In typical OneClick fashion, I back on the fence with this one. But this time there's a really good excuse which I'll get into shortly. I'd say 50/50 at this point.

But the forecast is still looking good and I'd like to "shut down" winter with this one. Fingers crossed.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* + 2oz, Full
    Suspension
    DIY UCR, 1" Straps
    Really crossing my fingers for no dodgy freezing rain weather. I do love me some winter camping, but 3 hours when the roads are good doesn't lend itself well to making it up that far north with icy roads.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    Really crossing my fingers for no dodgy freezing rain weather. I do love me some winter camping, but 3 hours when the roads are good doesn't lend itself well to making it up that far north with icy roads.
    I had some fun 2 weekends ago. Snow squalls started south of Lansing (just 1.5hrs into my trip) and continued off/on for another 2 hours. Black ice, totally snow covered I75 (one lane), etc. White knuckle driving for sure! Then a big pileup on I75 coming home due to 3"/hr squalls. They closed it down shortly after I got thru.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    Hope you can make it up because we need your famous milk stout to go with Chris's pork pasole. We've still got a couple weeks so I'm sure the weather will cooperate.

Got you covered on transport. How's this for an option?
    Last edited by michigandave; 02-04-2019 at 14:33.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast