Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Glad to see Dogger will make it back from his epic river kayak journey. Probably some great stories waiting to be told....

Cold outside today, down to 14* here last night. Cool and windy today, glad I'll be inside with family with a large fire going and kitchen full of warmth and good food smells. Waiting impatiently to enjoy the feast. Thankful for the wonderful year I have had.

See you all soon at the next hang!!

Gregori

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogger View Post
    Dave sign me up. Right now zeroing in Vicksburg ms. Have over 1,100 miles in on my Mississippi river kayak paddle. Less than 400 to go. Will be done in time. Might even beat squirrel bait this year
    Dogger, what a trip that must be!! Depending on how early you come to GT I may see you. Planning on something like Saturday-Tuesday of the weekend before this year.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've got this one on the calendar and will try to make it up this year. Too early to tell my work schedule at this point, as usual. Also, I'm not much of a cook so if I do come I'll probably just bring a bunch of bacon.

I will say that I'm definitely going to get some winter camping in this year for the first time, even if it's just around home. OneClick, I'll keep ya posted and maybe we can make it out for a night around here somewhere.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    Dream hammock Raven
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    I would like to try to make it if my work schedule allows. I have some new winter gear that I think will work out well.

I'm gonna try and make this one. This looks almost too good to be true, and just about the time when cabin fever is at its peak!

I'll keep checking in as we get closer. Thanks for organizing it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Looks like we've got some new people joining us this year. Let's go back to GT 1 for our record setting -13 adventure....Cue video.

Too bad the old log cabins are now gone. I can't stress enough how important it is to be well prepared, dial in your kit and know your comfort level in a variety of conditions.
    Last edited by michigandave; 11-25-2018 at 08:40.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
    I've got this one on the calendar and will try to make it up this year. Too early to tell my work schedule at this point, as usual. Also, I'm not much of a cook so if I do come I'll probably just bring a bunch of bacon.

I will say that I'm definitely going to get some winter camping in this year for the first time, even if it's just around home. OneClick, I'll keep ya posted and maybe we can make it out for a night around here somewhere.
    Sounds good! I'll get with you about a December trip. Maybe down south if we want to squeeze out one more non-winter trip. You never know...it could be in the 50s or better! When will you know about the GT trip and work schedule?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Sounds good! I'll get with you about a December trip. Maybe down south if we want to squeeze out one more non-winter trip. You never know...it could be in the 50s or better! When will you know about the GT trip and work schedule?

I won't know about GT and my work schedule next spring until probably mid January. But a December trip might be doable I think. Shoot me a text when you have some dates nailed down. Would love to get out with ya again.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* + 2oz, Full
    Suspension
    DIY UCR, 1" Straps
    I plan on being there, roads dependent as always. Planning on a peat-smoked wee heavy homebrew that I am going to brew this weekend to bring, so it can age a few months, as well as a handful of other beers to be sampled. Need to repair my pulk, as coming out last winter, one of the rod's epoxied eye-bolts broke loose in the last 1/4 mile back to the car. Thinking of some waxed nylon/artificial sinew wrapped 6 inches up the pole then epoxied will hold better than the epoxy + 1 inch long nut.

Anyone coming through Kalamazoo or want to meet up in Lansing or Grand Rapids Thursday morning?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    Anyone coming through Kalamazoo or want to meet up in Lansing or Grand Rapids Thursday morning?
    I'm still planning on the weekend before (Feb 15), but there's a chance I'll do the actual hang date. If so, I'll be going right thru Lansing at 6:45am-7am. Sorry I can't say for sure...I'm just so fickle especially if I'm playing the weather.

Speaking of weather, the forecast is in! https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/va...onyr=2/01/2019
    Last edited by OneClick; 11-27-2018 at 09:53.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast