Images

Uber tall hanger from TExas

From Texas and love camping. I jumped on the forums a long time ago looking for a more comfortable sleep in the wilderness. I am 6'9" and a side sleeper so without a 6" foam pad on the ground I sleep quite poorly. Had kids and didn't go camping much until recently now that they are old enough to come along and getting back into camping. I have a few gathered end hammocks I made and a Clark North American that I am finding out is too small for me.

So much info here and I really appreciate it!

Images
    How long are the gathered end hammocks you made? I would think you'd want at least a 12' x 6' hammock at your height. The extra width probably just as important as the extra length.

Maybe check out the soon-to-be-released Amok Draumr XL, which is supposed to be good for folks up to 6'10". The pad used in the hammock is 7'2" long. 60 day satisfaction guarantee! $380 for the full setup, with the current pre-order pricing; price goes up to $400 starting Jan. 1

https://www.amokequipment.com/collec...l-introduction

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    It may just be a matter of trial and error to see what size works best for you. If you're fine with DIY (which judging by your post, you are), I would recommend making a 12', 12.5', and possibly even a 13' hammock to see what's the most comfortable. After that, you can make a 13' tarp fairly easily. For insulation, you can make your own, or talk to one of our great cottage vendors to see if they'll customize the suspension length of their underquilt to fit the length of your hammock.

One of the cottage vendors may even be able to make a custom length (longer) hammock for you (Dream Hammock comes to mind). It doesn't hurt to look at all options.

• + New Posts