Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I see a ton of JRB stuff on social media. Instagram especially, The new owners are just as easy to talk to as the Jacks, and have done a great job at maintaining the quality and integrity of the products. I’ve easily seen more since the sale and move.
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    I see a ton of JRB stuff on social media. Instagram especially, The new owners are just as easy to talk to as the Jacks, and have done a great job at maintaining the quality and integrity of the products. I’ve easily seen more since the sale and move.
    If memory serves, DGrav, the fellow that took over JRB, was- like me, one of the earliest users of the very 1st bridge hammock known here at HF- the original JRB Bear Mountain bridge hammock. And, he fell in love with it and never looked back, again if mem serves. He just found it so much more comfy over all than all other hammocks that there was no need to bother with them. That model-with a few changes- became later known as the Deluxe. It was the deepest of all the bridge hammocks, and the JRB UL model was not as deep and seemed to me to have more shoulder room, better view, etc. But with all of that, I still use my original model sometimes, and it still has it's relative pros compared to all other hammocks IMO. Pros and cons. It remains one of my favorite hammocks for deep winter use when combined with a JRB MW or Greylock UQ, and I can't prove it but TQs just seem more solid and less draft prone in that deep, narrow hammock. And my original has that totally removable net which I love. I don't know if he ever switched over to the JRB UL model or not. Maybe he will chime in and tell us.

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I don't know if he ever switched over to the JRB UL model or not. Maybe he will chime in and tell us.
    Some of us are eagerly awaiting the UL version to give Bridge hammocks a go.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    If memory serves, DGrav, the fellow that took over JRB, was- like me, one of the earliest users of the very 1st bridge hammock known here at HF- the original JRB Bear Mountain bridge hammock. And, he fell in love with it and never looked back, again if mem serves. He just found it so much more comfy over all than all other hammocks that there was no need to bother with them. . I don't know if he ever switched over to the JRB UL model or not. Maybe he will chime in and tell us.
    BillyBob is correct as usual. I tried the original BMBH hammock at the 2007 Fall MAHHA just as the Jack’s were releasing it. (incidently that was the first time I met the Jacks, Dutch, and a whole bunch of early Hammock Forums members.)

At the time I had been in gathered end hammocks and was always bothered by the calf ridge and a bit of torque/twist across the whole body. Over the winter I purchased a gen 1 BMBH with the Omnitape bug net. I used that one for a few years before switching out to a second gen with the three sided zippered bugnet (second gen lacked the stretchy corners making the bug net easier to zip while the hammock is weighted.) I used that hammock for years up until last spring when we started prototyping the new ultralight.

I never switched to the old BMBH-UL, it was only 5 ounces lighter and I liked the higher sides on the deluxe particularly for sitting in sideways with my feet on the ground for socializing and cooking.

When I was first switching from my old gathered end to the bridge hammock I was concerned about increasing my pack weight. I assumed since the bridge had spreader bars it had to be a lot heavier. When I compared the advertised weights of both setups the difference was minimal. More surprising was once I received my new setup I weighed it an my old setup and the BMBH set up was an ounce and a half lighter than my old gathered end setup.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhalo View Post
    Some of us are eagerly awaiting the UL version to give Bridge hammocks a go.
    Me too! It has been a great learning experience but it has taken longer than expected.

The longer duration is due to holding true to our standards of a quality product, excellent customer service, and same or next day shipping.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    Me too! It has been a great learning experience but it has taken longer than expected.

The longer duration is due to holding true to our standards of a quality product, excellent customer service, and same or next day shipping.
    I was hoping for a September release, so yeah, a bit longer, lol. But I can attest to the customer service, quick shipping, and quality. Ordered a complete set of multifunction quilts and they shipped within an hour I believe. Looking forward to trying an UL when they hit the market.
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    JRB is has changed hands somewhat recently, the new owner does not seem to be promoting Jacks R Better.
    We have been doing a lot of promotion on social media and other outlets. Thanks to the wonders of analytics we can see a direct correlation to growth.

On hammock forums we are very respectful to the vendor guidelines and err on the side of caution when posting.

Plus for years as a member of the community I have never been a high volume poster. Now get me around a campfire or call the shop and start talking camping, fishing, motorcycles or craft beer........... we’ll be talking for awhile!
    www.jacksrbetter.com

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppy View Post
    I was hoping for a September release, so yeah, a bit longer, lol.
    I was hoping for last Spring!

It all started with the intent to slightly update the old BMBH-UL. Then we wanted to make it wider....... use new materials.......... significantly drop the weight..... and offer it in multiple colors.

Up to October we were making design and material adjustments. We had eight different iterations and about 10 prototypes. We would rather take that time and delay release to ensure that it is a high quality product that we can be proud of and carries on the tradition started by The Jacks.

All design and materiel tweaks are done and we are now down to working out the details of producing it in a way that we can adhere to our same or next day shipping standard.
    www.jacksrbetter.com

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    I'm in an ongoing fight with calf ridge on my GE hammock. I now have it minimal, but still there. I may have to call a truce and try the bridge hammock. I had never considered a bridge hammock until I read this post. It was very informative. I just checked the JRB website and videos and my Grey lock 4 will work seamlessly with this hammock. I'll probably wait for the new model to come out and try to figure out which I like better.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    We have been doing a lot of promotion on social media and other outlets. Thanks to the wonders of analytics we can see a direct correlation to growth.

On hammock forums we are very respectful to the vendor guidelines and err on the side of caution when posting.

Plus for years as a member of the community I have never been a high volume poster. Now get me around a campfire or call the shop and start talking camping, fishing, motorcycles or craft beer........... we’ll be talking for awhile!
    You sound just like your mentors, the Jacks! No wonder you were the one to take over for them when the retired! The entire commercial camping bridge hammock concept, and the majority of the original UQ for camping hammocks concept, is owed to the Jacks, or so it seems to me. (Maybe some of the original UQ thingy belongs equally to Ed Speer with his Pea Pod, not sure)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast