Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Hummingbird Single+
    Tarp
    MEC Sil Guides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    We're a week out from the Jan 11-13th Valens "Gearing Up" when site 134 will be converted into an open air BBQ!
    Hola! I'm thinking about coming out at least for Saturday afternoon, if not overnight into Sunday morning. This is my first time at an EGL event. What sort of costs will there be? Do we need to check in with anyone? Say a secret passphrase at the park gates? I'm happy to chip in towards whatever expenses the group will have.

I've been camping in my trusty HH Expedition since the winter of 2002, so it will be nice to learn about new gear and techniques from others. I'll see about bringing some roasted bacon to share for breakfast, and other goodies!

EDIT: I'll be driving up Saturday noon, leaving from downtown Toronto if anyone needs a ride up. It's a rental car, so I'm planning on leaving latest Sunday morning to get it back to the agency in time.

20181023_091337-01.jpg 20181118_084910-01.jpg

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Just wanted to see how we where dealing with firewood. Are we all just bringing some wood or chipping in for a load of delivered wood? I'm good with either.
    I'm not sure what time I'll be able to leave on Friday. Depends when I'm all caught up with work. Hopefully by noon or so. I'm planning on making a pot of potato and bacon soup.
    I spoke with Brian (our firewood source) and he's expecting me late morning on Friday. I should be able to pick up about a single shi#load of firewood like before, although hopefully not in the back of my Honda. Plan on a dollar or two for firewood costs and they'll mainly be hardwood. Easier burning scrap wood for firestarting would also be helpful.

Are you bringing the soup for Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by traycer View Post
    Hola! I'm thinking about coming out at least for Saturday afternoon, if not overnight into Sunday morning. This is my first time at an EGL event. What sort of costs will there be? Do we need to check in with anyone? Say a secret passphrase at the park gates? I'm happy to chip in towards whatever expenses the group will have.

I've been camping in my trusty HH Expedition since the winter of 2002, so it will be nice to learn about new gear and techniques from others. I'll see about bringing some roasted bacon to share for breakfast, and other goodies!

EDIT: I'll be driving up Saturday noon, leaving from downtown Toronto if anyone needs a ride up. It's a rental car, so I'm planning on leaving latest Sunday morning to get it back to the agency in time.

20181023_091337-01.jpg 20181118_084910-01.jpg
    Welcome aboard Traycer!

Costs are about $13 per night ($10 for parking and $3 to split the cost of the site fee).
    Check in at the main gate, where you pay your fee, mention that you're with the hammockers on site 134, get a receipt (important) and then drive on in. We usually park on sites 133,134 and 135 or on the roadside just adjacent.

P.S., that's some nice looking grilling going on!
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    Hummingbird Single+
    Tarp
    MEC Sil Guides
    Costs are about $13 per night ($10 for parking and $3 to split the cost of the site fee).
    Great, thanks for the info! Since we're car camping, I'll bring up an extra hammock in case anyone is in need.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Are you bringing the soup for Friday night?
    Sure. Friday night soup sounds great. I might even be encouraged to whip up a pineapple upside down cake again.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    Hummingbird Single+
    Tarp
    MEC Sil Guides
    Keep a nice big fire going! Temperatures dropping to the negative double digits overnight.

64DbWF9.png

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by traycer View Post
    Keep a nice big fire going! Temperatures dropping to the negative double digits overnight.

64DbWF9.png

Brrrr-fect!
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    EGL Trip Reports:

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    3Season Crowsnest
    Suspension
    DIY whooppie
    Hey guys,

I'll be coming in for Fri-Sun, and bringing my Pit Barrel Cooker (it's a medium sized barrel smoker). If you have some meat you want to try smoking, there should be some room. Watching some vids on youtube wouldn't hurt, as it's fairly new to me, so I won't know times/temps for unfamiliar meats off the top of my head. I'll probably bring a small pork shoulder (picnic or butt depending on availability) and a couple of chickens)

Sorry Chard, no fish in my smoker - I've read that once fish goes in a smoker, everything tastes like fish... smoked salmon beef ribs and smoked salmon chicken are flavours I do not wish to sample.

I'll also bring that big grill.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiblets View Post
    Sorry Chard, no fish in my smoker - I've read that once fish goes in a smoker, everything tastes like fish... smoked salmon beef ribs and smoked salmon chicken are flavours I do not wish to sample.

Source: Yan Blanco

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    EGL Trip Reports:

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    3Season Crowsnest
    Suspension
    DIY whooppie

Source: Yan Blanco
    Case in point.

Hammock
    Little Shop Of Hammocks
    Tarp
    LSOH Razor
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Just an FYI, was at Valens last weekend. I think site 135 was free but the sites on either side were taken. Washroom proximity is making those site desirable! Should be there Saturday evening but out early Sunday as I have family commitments. Possible I will be able to stop in Friday night for a while. Looking forward to seeing all of you internet weirdos!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Formally the Hanging Canuck!

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast