Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Hybrid 1.2 in 65ish wide by 11' long with a butthole bag stuff sack, ridgeline and continuous loops comes to 9.5 ounces finished.

I've got one in Burnt Orange, Dark Olive, Foilage, and Glacier Blue
    Attachment 169993
    Attachment 169994
    Attachment 169995
    Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. Look pretty nice!

Hmm, Hybrid 1.2...

--Kurt
    My hiking/backpacking Youtube channel: Youtube

My BackpackGearTest reviews: Reviews

If you have an HH, then you should read my SuperShelter review: HH Super Shelter

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL 1.1 Marpat camo
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Looks like many vendors do not yet carry the 1.2 Hybrid fabric. Neither Dutch nor Simply Light. Dream Hammocks does. Can anyone point me to a thread where this fabric is discussed, which manufacturers are offering, etc. Don't want to repeat that here, I an go ask silly questions in another thread if I can find it.

--kurt

If you have an HH, then you should read my SuperShelter review: HH Super Shelter

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Ripstop by the Roll is the creator/vendor of Hybrid 1.2/1.7. Hyper D and Hex 70 are also popular and he has other stuff.

Dutch has his Hexon (closest to Hybrid) in 1.0, 1.6, 2.4. He has Argon 1.6 and other stuff.

Both are suppliers to other vendors, Dutch is also a vendor.
    Each cottage company works with their supplier of choice, some vendors have their own stuff as well.

Simply Light offers some of Dutch's fabric, and some other fabric.
    I don't want to put Jared on the spot but I believe he will work with other fabrics if you have a preference and I see some hybrid and RBTR fabrics in his remnants section so I don't think that's anything special.

Dream Hammock works mostly with RBTR fabrics... others work mainly with Dutch's stuff. Some folks like Warbonnet source their own fabric.

I work mainly with the hybrid fabric as it does well in bridges and that's mainly all I build.

Though I'm liking the Hexon 1.6 I just built a few bridges with after Dutch updated the yarn.

Sometimes it's as simple as which vendor you like, what color you like, or just what works out. Each of them has some subtle differences and at times you may just be best off trusting your vendor if you don't want to go down the fabric rabbit hole of finding what you like. The folks who post here tend to have strong opinions on fabric.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ic-1-2-hammock

That's one thread that I recall as it was around when the Hybrid 1.2 fabric launched.

I tend to buy a few gathered ends worth of a given fabric and then try them out, bring them out to get a feel for how folks of different shapes and sizes do in them and what they enjoy. And that lets me practice sewing them before I commit to bridges with them.

I had high hopes on the Hybrid 1.2 as a bridge, but it seems about right to 180 or less in my bridges. In a gathered end though it's about right for me in an 11' and was pretty popular with others I tried it with as good general lounger with women and men from 20's to 60's and 120ish up to 240ish. If you like things firmer... Hexon 1.6 is probably the better step up than Hybrid 1.7 for a single layer. Hexon 1.6 seems to slot right in the middle of the two hybrid weights IMO. Hyper D is very soft, silky and stretchy but in light weight options for those around 225 I think Hybrid 1.2 is about the lightest reasonable fabric available. Maybe not a deal breaker for you... but at roughly 7 yards of material that .5 ounce fabric weight adds up to 3.5 ounces.

But since you list a streamliner in your profile... figured you'd probably be best talking to Jared about what might work for you in that design. Probably worth just shooting him an email to see if it's an option (or if he has a competitive option).
    *** duh... looking again at foxpoops thread it was Jared who built that Hybrid 1.2***

Nothing fancy about the ones I tossed up... just surplus inventory that would give you a feel for the fabric before you spent too much on a custom one from somebody.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL 1.1 Marpat camo
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Ripstop by the Roll is the creator/vendor of Hybrid 1.2/1.7. Hyper D and Hex 70 are also popular and he has other stuff.

Dutch has his Hexon (closest to Hybrid) in 1.0, 1.6, 2.4. He has Argon 1.6 and other stuff.

Both are suppliers to other vendors, Dutch is also a vendor.
    Each cottage company works with their supplier of choice, some vendors have their own stuff as well.

Simply Light offers some of Dutch's fabric, and some other fabric.
    I don't want to put Jared on the spot but I believe he will work with other fabrics if you have a preference and I see some hybrid and RBTR fabrics in his remnants section so I don't think that's anything special.

Dream Hammock works mostly with RBTR fabrics... others work mainly with Dutch's stuff. Some folks like Warbonnet source their own fabric.

I work mainly with the hybrid fabric as it does well in bridges and that's mainly all I build.

Though I'm liking the Hexon 1.6 I just built a few bridges with after Dutch updated the yarn.

Sometimes it's as simple as which vendor you like, what color you like, or just what works out. Each of them has some subtle differences and at times you may just be best off trusting your vendor if you don't want to go down the fabric rabbit hole of finding what you like. The folks who post here tend to have strong opinions on fabric.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ic-1-2-hammock

That's one thread that I recall as it was around when the Hybrid 1.2 fabric launched.

I tend to buy a few gathered ends worth of a given fabric and then try them out, bring them out to get a feel for how folks of different shapes and sizes do in them and what they enjoy. And that lets me practice sewing them before I commit to bridges with them.

I had high hopes on the Hybrid 1.2 as a bridge, but it seems about right to 180 or less in my bridges. In a gathered end though it's about right for me in an 11' and was pretty popular with others I tried it with as good general lounger with women and men from 20's to 60's and 120ish up to 240ish. If you like things firmer... Hexon 1.6 is probably the better step up than Hybrid 1.7 for a single layer. Hexon 1.6 seems to slot right in the middle of the two hybrid weights IMO. Hyper D is very soft, silky and stretchy but in light weight options for those around 225 I think Hybrid 1.2 is about the lightest reasonable fabric available. Maybe not a deal breaker for you... but at roughly 7 yards of material that .5 ounce fabric weight adds up to 3.5 ounces.

But since you list a streamliner in your profile... figured you'd probably be best talking to Jared about what might work for you in that design. Probably worth just shooting him an email to see if it's an option (or if he has a competitive option).
    *** duh... looking again at foxpoops thread it was Jared who built that Hybrid 1.2***

Nothing fancy about the ones I tossed up... just surplus inventory that would give you a feel for the fabric before you spent too much on a custom one from somebody.
    Thank you. That was incredibly helpful. --Kurt

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    We use Dutch's Hexon 1.6 for most of the hammocks we sell at Hammock Gear. Great stuff! I'm 6'4" about 260 and love my single layer Hexon 1.6 Zippered Bug Net Hammock. Honestly though, you can't go wrong with the many cottage vendors out there. Truly great stuff from Dutch, Simply Light Designs, Warbonnet, Dream Hammock, etc. The list goes on and on.
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12