Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies. Im using the newer 15* Wilderness Logic TQ as of late and it has great loft, migrated well. I use both the standard and XL wookie. Same issue. i actually think Billy Bob hit it right abt the UQ not covering the sides well enough. This is disconcerting because the Wookie design has little to no fiddle factor on setting up. Quite frustrating.
    Last edited by Crawldaddy; 11-01-2018 at 13:09.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I never thought of that on that kind of UQ. I know the Incubators I use pretty much wrap me up like a taco, only leaving a small part of my body uncovered on top, which the TQ obviously handles. I can even feel heat around my head when I move it side to side...ahhh the comfort of a full length UQ

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Looks great Oneclick. Unfortunately the Warbonnets' footbox and shelf makes it more difficult to snug an UQ under the hammock

I bet you're sliding out of the pocket on your wookie overnight, weight of your torso and all. I added a prussik to adjust exactly where I wanted the pocket of the wookie to sit for how I hang my hammock. I had a similar issue early on.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Thanks for your thoughts Redwing. I understand what you are saying. Maybe I need to pay closer attention to that. It seems though that the sides of the Wookie are not insulating high enough to cover the sides appropriately? I really think an extra tube of insulation on each side would make a huge difference.
    Last edited by Crawldaddy; 11-02-2018 at 07:17.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts Redwing. I understand what you are saying. Maybe I need to pay closer attention to that. It seems though that the sides of the Wookie are not insulating high enough to cover the sides appropriately? I really think an extra tube of insulation on each side would make a huge difference.
    One of my sleeping positions is with my knees up while on my side (fetal position) and I had read (or seen, I can’t remember) that the Wookie doesn’t provide good side insulation coverage in that type of scenario. That’s probably the thing that is keeping me from getting one. I’d probably want to lay on one first before buying.
    I don’t have an issue on my XLC using a 3/4 length hammockgear UQ. And haven’t noticed the footbox / shelf interfering in any way compared to my other non-Warbonnet hammocks. But who knows maybe I learned something early on and don’t even think about some adjustment I make.
    Good luck sorting it out.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I’ve had a Wookie and it’s a great design for sure, but I had issues as well because I flip a lot. If it was an extra baffle wider on each side it might solve the issue. I think it boils down to wrapping. It fits the hammock perfectly, but doesn’t wrap quite as well. Trade off in everything.
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

Hammock
    Hexon 1.6 wide netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Bandit / JRB
    Suspension
    dependes

Similar

Thanks for all the replies. Im using the newer 15* Wilderness Logic TQ as of late and it has great loft, migrated well. I use both the standard and XL wookie. Same issue. i actually think Billy Bob hit it right abt the UQ not covering the sides well enough. This is disconcerting because the Wookie design has little to no fiddle factor on setting up. Quite frustrating.
    I had the same experience with a XLC and wookie XLC 20 and a UGQ Bandit 20 up top and had the same cold spots. Specifically around hips, shoulders and sometimes feet. The wookie is set it and forget it but the XLC really has to be hung perfect for you to be on top of the wookie. I have found that I prefer a traveler XLC without the foot box and a Jacks R Better Mount Washington 3 as it just takes care of the coverage and actually creates less fiddle. I love Warbonnet but I've found that the WB BBXLC is something works for many but I'm preferring less all the time and enjoying my traveler XL and Dutch Wide netless too.

YMMV.

Hammock
    WB, DH, SLD
    Tarp
    ZPacks, Thunderfly
    Insulation
    EE, Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5/Beckett
    I empathize with you all regarding your difficulties w/ the Wooki, but I seemingly can’t even screw mine up on purpose. I pair mine with an Eldorado, and have used it 20+ nights in temps from 16*-60* and have never had CSB or any other cold weather malady. Admittedly I pretty much alternate between back and left side sleeping, and ensure my topquilt’s sides are tucked under me when it’s chilly.

I was concerned initially when I first used it, but for me the sides of the Wooki come up just enough to meet, and slightly overlap, the topquilt where both come in contact with the hammock, ensuring complete insulation coverage. Watching Shug’s video maybe explains a little better.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Looks great Oneclick. Unfortunately the Warbonnets' footbox and shelf makes it more difficult to snug an UQ under the hammock
    I've never had an issue with the Blackbird. The UQ goes right up under the shelf, and the foot box doesn't interfere at all. I've been using one since 2012 with HG quilts.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast